Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it safe to assume that the gpu will one day be fully compatible
if I build a hackintosh with an Asus GTX 960 Strix?

I have all the parts figured out but can't decide on a gpu because I fear
incompatibility...

I know it says if you have 960 do... but I'd like to be sure :angel:
The nVidia Maxwell graphics cards work now with one or two exceptions using the correct nVidia web drivers. Since the 960 is still new, typically the best compatibility is if your make and model graphics card "looks" like the nVidia reference design card (with respect to the type and number of ports). Being an Early Adopter can be frustrating.

Another success !

Thanks for your help ;)

For information I'm using : Clover / iMac14,4 SMBIOS / no HDMIAudio on GTX (OK on intel)

126158-sys-info-nvidia.png

Intel HD 5000
Nvidia GTX750ti
Both
126159-luxmark-intel-hd-graphics-5000.png
126161-luxmark-nvidia-gtx-750-ti.png
126160-luxmark-intel-nvidia.png

Intel Nuc Core i5
Mini PCI-E
PCI3.0 Slot
GTX 750 Ti
126157-nuc.jpeg
126155-cable.png
126154-beast.png
126156-gtx-750-ti.jpg

Next Step : find a more powerful PSU to perform UNIGINE tests ... my 38W PSU is a little weak ...

Attachments

• Cuda_Z_Perf.png
    Cuda_Z_Perf.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Which smbios you are using ?

Hi, ta for the reply - I'm using Mac Pro 3.1. Apparently there is no AGPM.kext for this card, is that the case?

Yes there should not be any agpm for that card in that case and your temp and fan should be controlled automatically. Are you sure that your fan at full speed ?

I'm using clover and uefi boot (no csm) and modded/flashed bios with 6,1 smbios, as you can see from picture which i've shared you should not encounter with any problem. Card itself idling properly.

Which smbios you are using ?

While idle gpu mhz should be around as in picture below;

Note: im using 750 Ti

I get the same idle frequencies as you, but for some reason my GPU fan is crazy. We both have the same card except mine is made by Zotac. Refer to the image for GPU fan problem.
dth5cJO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back