Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man, that's really unfortunate. Ah well, I'll just wait until Apple supports it. :rolleyes:
Being an early adopter is an exercise in frustration as I found out and wrote about with my Hector system (H97N-WIFI, i5-4690, HD4600). I did not order/install the Gigabyte 750 Ti until I had read about successes both here, MacRumors and netkas forums.

I'm not telepathic. I don't know why you can't get the HDMI to work.

Did you install Yo using your on-board HD4600 first? Did you use the procedure that I did in my OP? Have you installed 10.10.1 and the latest nVidia drivers as I pointed out in my OP?

i have the latest drivers and 10.10.1 but i used my 750 ti and nv_disable=1 to install Yo...

i have the latest drivers and 10.10.1 but i used my 750 ti and nv_disable=1 to install Yo...
I didn't use "nv_disable=1." Are you sure that's the right kernel flag? My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file has the following for kernel flags
<>Kernel Flags</>
<>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</>

BTW, what's your System Definition? The nVidia driver release note states
This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only.
I had to change my SysDef from iMac14,2 to MacPro3,1 in order to get the nVidia installer to work (as noted in my OP).

I didn't use "nv_disable=1." Are you sure that's the right kernel flag? My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file has the following for kernel flags
<>Kernel Flags</>
<>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</>

BTW, what's your System Definition? The nVidia driver saysI had to change my SysDef from iMac14,2 to MacPro3,1 in order to get the nVidia installer to work (as noted in my OP).

no, no i dont use nv_disable now, it was only to install the nvidia drivers, also i am using MacPro3,1

Requesting Technical Analysis of my failed method - Intel HD 4600 & ASUS GTX 750 Ti

Stork, what am I doing wrong? I've tried everything. I'm at my wit's end. What seems to work for everybody, isn't for me.

Can you tell me exactly why your process with Hector would work for me but the approach I took didn't work for my ASUS GTX 750 Ti? http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-web-drivers-343-01-01f01-f03.html#post921905

Is there a chance my card would work if I re-do everything from scratch with your method or is there something fundamentally different about the ASUS cards that don't let them work with a Hackintosh unlike Palit & Gigabyte?

Can you give me a technical reasoning as to exactly why my process didn't work?
The only major thing I did differently was to leave the GTX 750 Ti plugged in throughout, even during the install. Now, neither can I get the onboard HD 4600 (see my post http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-ga-b85m-d3h-intel-core-i5-4440-3-10-ghz.html) working nor the GTX 750 Ti! :(
How does leaving the NVIDIA card inside throughout, affect the process?

Can you please find some time and help me?

...Stork, what am I doing wrong? I've tried everything. I'm at my wit's end. What seems to work for everybody, isn't for me...

Is there a chance my card would work if I re-do everything from scratch with your method or is there something fundamentally different about the ASUS cards that don't let them work with a Hackintosh unlike Palit & Gigabyte?
I would recommend that you start from a fresh install of the 10.10.1 (don't use 10.10.0) because I think you've "tried eveything" and something has gone wrong.

Remove your card, do a fresh install and get your system running on HD4600. Then, follow my instructions in Post #1 here. You can look at my H/Z97N guide (signature block) for reference (your audio and Ethernet drivers will be different), but run MultiBeast for Yosemite (v7.1.1) using the default MacPro3,1 System Definition.

BTW, (to all who are reading this) Apple's OS X has not supported VGA connections since Moses was a child. So, only use DVI or HDMI.

I would recommend that you start from a fresh install of the 10.10.1 (don't use 10.10.0) because I think you've "tried eveything" and something has gone wrong.

Remove your card, do a fresh install and get your system running on HD4600. Then, follow my instructions in Post #1 here. You can look at my H/Z97N guide (signature block) for reference (your audio and Ethernet drivers will be different), but run MultiBeast for Yosemite (v7.1.1) using the default MacPro3,1 System Definition.

BTW, (to all who are reading this) Apple's OS X has not supported VGA connections since Moses was a child. So, only use DVI or HDMI.

however DVI-I to VGA works.... on my 750 TI but not HDMI or DVI-D for me...

however DVI-I to VGA works.... on my 750 TI but not HDMI or DVI-D for me...
Hmmm. Then your card may be the problem. Do the DVI & HDMI work in Windoze or another OS?

I shall definitely try a fresh install next weekend and go as per your guide.

But, what is the technical significance of keeping the GTX 750 Ti out of the system during install and setting up the HD 4600 first? What exactly is the problem with leaving the GT 750 Ti inside during the process with nv_disable=1?

I shall definitely try a fresh install next weekend and go as per your guide.

But, what is the technical significance of keeping the GTX 750 Ti out of the system during install and setting up the HD 4600 first? What exactly is the problem with leaving the GT 750 Ti inside during the process with nv_disable=1?
KISS - eliminate anything that can go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back