Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this build and recently upgraded to a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 TI. After installing 10.11.2 and the latest web drivers, when I boot with nvda_drv=1 the screen is choppy and it says there is only 7MB of video ram. Also under graphics cards, it says No Kext Loaded for the NVIDIA card.

Any ideas?

Inject/NVidia/False

That was it, thank you!

One last question, I have a Dell 34" with resolution of 3440x1440, and this video card only shows a 30 Hz refresh rate in system settings. Is it possible to enable higher refresh rate?

That was it, thank you!

One last question, I have a Dell 34" with resolution of 3440x1440, and this video card only shows a 30 Hz refresh rate in system settings. Is it possible to enable higher refresh rate?

Are you using DisplayPort?

Hello,

I have tried everything I was able to find with Google.

I have a
GA-X99 Gaming 5P
i7-5820K

and a GV-N75TOC-2GL
Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5160#ov

Booting with Clover.

So far I have no output on HDMI.
System always reports just 2 ports - DVI and DP , the other 2 HDMI ports are not available.

Currently running on 10.11.2 and latest Nvidia Web Drivers.

Is it really necessary to put SMBIOS to 3,1 ? Wouldn't that affect USB 3.0 compatibility ?

EDIT: I fixed it by removing "Inject Nvidia" from Clover.

I been on 10.11.2 (Clover) with this board (H97n) for a few weeks now. The sysdef was 14,2. Everything worked fairly well but was still a little quirky. The mouse would randomly freeze for a few seconds at least once an hour and sometimes I'd get random reboots. Most recently I noticed I was getting more freezes and eventually a reboot when I was running an IRC client today.

Just switched to 15,1 so I'll report back if anything changes.

If the sysdef isn't whats causing the reboots and odd USB 3 behavior my only other guess is that I didn't do something right with fixing USB 3 for 10.11.2 or its my wireless card. For the USB 3 I followed the Hector guide up to installing the kexts in S/L/E. My wireless card is an AW CE123H. I'm not sure how I'd rule out either option.

In the past I've gotten kernel panics from trying to install with the wireless card in and I had to use a kext + patch to install this one for 10.11 and 10.10. For the sake of keeping everything vanilla I'm thinking about buying an iMac card and adapter. If possible I'd like to avoid it though cause I have no clue what I'd do with those 2 extra antennas.

Edit: forgot to mention the DAC. I'm using a fiio E10K for sound. When the computer wakes the USB audio sounds crackly and distorted until I turn the DAC off/on.

Edit 2: So I've been using 15,1 for a day now and it runs smoother and boots faster, but I'm still getting random mouse freezing albeit less often. Also had one random reboot. I checked the error log and it says it was a memory error? I'm going to try reseating the memory sticks when I get the chance. USB audio is also still super wonky and I have to cycle the DAC power every time I wake from sleep otherwise the sound crackles.
And speaking of sleep, I forgot to mention that I've had the periodic waking issue with both 14,2 and 15,1. The computer will sleep for 30 mins to several hours and wake up for no reason then go back to sleep.

Edit 3: Just to be safe I went back and compared my bios settings to the ones in Stork's guide and of course the most obvious solution was the one I came to last. :banghead: XHCI was set to Smart Auto, the memory profile was set to XMP1, and wake on lan wasn't disabled. Set the XHCI mode to Auto, memory profile to default, and disabled wake on lan, and everything's been perfect so far. No mouse freezing and sleep seems to work but I haven't tested it for longer than 3 hours so we'll see. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my DAC so I just gave up and installed the ALC 892 driver for the on board audio. Audio works fine now, no crackling after extended idling time or deep sleep. Also set the sysdef back to 15,1 because I noticed it uses the same processor I have.

TLDR; Made a bunch of stupid noob mistakes then fixed them. Everything's pretty much flawless except the DAC. Should've payed closer attention to Stork's guide. Which is excellent btw. Thanks Stork!

Using the instructions from #post1 (with adjustments due to different system, Lenovo M73 with 500W PSU), Yosemite 10.10.5 with sysdef 14.2 & Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti GV-N75TOC-2GL.

Not a single issue (only using DP output, did not check others), sleep works

sebus

Have a quick question.. I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-H97N-WIFI Desktop Motherboard, Intel H97 Express Chipset, with Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600, and Geforce GTX 750 TI. Just finished to put it together.
So To install the Yosemite I have to do without the video card first to use the board on 4600, and after plug in the GTX and do the "upgrade" as Stork did?
Maverick will not work with the gtx, so only Yosemite or the El Capitan right?

Have a quick question.. I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-H97N-WIFI Desktop Motherboard, Intel H97 Express Chipset, with Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600, and Geforce GTX 750 TI. Just finished to put it together.
So To install the Yosemite I have to do without the video card first to use the board on 4600, and after plug in the GTX and do the "upgrade" as Stork did?
Maverick will not work with the gtx, so only Yosemite or the El Capitan right?

You must use El Capitan or Yosemite for a Maxwell GPU. You can do the install with the GTX, you just have to boot using the flag nv_disable=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back