Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you WonkeyDonkey!!!

Stork thank you for doing this great tutorial to install my video card,i followed your install steps and bingo my video card is working fine,one question can i install cuda drivers with this video card on my system?

Stork thank you for doing this great tutorial to install my video card,i followed your install steps and bingo my video card is working fine,one question can i install cuda drivers with this video card on my system?
I don't know (I don't use CUDA), however, I don't see why not.

Updated my 10.10.4 installation with the latest nVidia Web Driver. I don't know why, but every time I update from the nVidia System Preference Pane, it hangs the system at the end of the installation of the web driver causing the Yosemite installation to be unbootable. So, the following is my method of updating Hector.

Preparation
:ch: Download the nVidia Web Drivers for 10.10.4 (14E46) > Web Driver 346.02.02f03 pkg*
:ch: Download the View attachment caches_rebuild.command.zip file and unzip.**
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated***
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper - Do This!!

Installation of the nVidia Web Driver 346.02.02f03
:ch: Boot your system using the boot flags "-v -x nv_disabler=1" (no quotes)
:ch: Upon returning to the Yosemite Desktop, install the updated Web Driver - but don't reboot, yet
:ch: After the Web Driver installation is complete and before rebooting, run caches_rebuild.command
:ch: Reboot

That's it! :thumbup:

Notes
* Although I try to keep this link up to date, this may not be the latest driver for 10.10.4. See Post #1 for the latest version.
** Thanks to giacomoleopardo for this handy AppleScript command. It contains:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
sudo nvram -c
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

i just followed this tutorial to enable CUDA but i cant enable in video card.

As simple as it sounds..

all the previous steps work..
just the paths need to be changed..

Of course you need to download the Nvidia drivers first.

1. Download latest CUDA drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

2. Open Terminal

3. /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/GPUSniffer.app/Contents/MacOS/GPUSniffer

4. Find the name of your card (ie: GeForce GTX 580)

5. sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt

6. Paste the name of your card the bottom of the list.

7. To Save: Control+X, then Y to accept changes. Enter to exit.

8. For After Effects* sudo nano /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC.app/Contents/raytracer_supported_cards.txt

9. Arrow down to bottom of list, paste card name at bottom

10. To Save: Control+X, then Y to accept changes. Enter to exit.

edit: i just found a youtube video that showed me how to enable CUDA,thanks

Updating to 10.10.5 was full of surprises. Here's what I did to finally get 10.10.5 installed with the updated nVidia Web driver.

Preparation
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper - Do This!!
:ch: Download the nVidia Web Drivers for 10.10.5 (14F27) > WebDriver 346.02.03f01 pkg**
:ch: Download the View attachment 133392 file and unzip.***
:ch: Download the Yosemite 10.10.5 Combo Update: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1832

Installation of 10.10.5 Update
:ch: Boot your system with your UniBeast USB Thumb Drive and select your 10.10.4 installation disk
:ch: Upon reaching your Desktop, run the Combo Update and click the restart button when Combo Update is set up (it's not done yet).
:ch: Boot with the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive again. This is one of those updates that needs to install the update after the reboot. It'll take about 18-20 minutes to complete and then reboot. You'll need to catch it when it reboots because you'll need to
:ch: Boot with the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive, select your updated Yosemite installation drive - you won't have to use the boot flags "-x nv_disabler=1".
:ch: Upon returning to the Yosemite Desktop, install the updated Web Driver - but don't reboot, yet
:ch: Run MultiBeast and just install your audio driver.
:ch: Now, before rebooting, run caches_rebuild.command.
:ch: Reboot

That's it! :thumbup:

Notes
* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
** Although I try to keep this link up to date, this may not be the latest driver for 10.10.5. See Post #1 for the latest version.
*** Thanks to giacomoleopardo for this handy AppleScript command. It contains:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
sudo nvram -c
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Hi Stork, I just want to start by saying your guides for your updates to the Hector build have been my saving grace with successfully updating my system which is extremely similar so thank you. Just wanted to get your thoughts on upgrading to El Capitan and the switch over to clover. Have you had any success with Hector or is it best to wait until all the kinks are worked out before attempting?

...To your knowledge, has anybody gotten Mavericks to work on a Z97 board with an Nvidia 750ti? TIA.
Nope. nVidia only provided support for the Maxwell chipset cards in Yosemite and El Cappy.

...Just wanted to get your thoughts on upgrading to El Capitan and the switch over to clover. Have you had any success with Hector or is it best to wait until all the kinks are worked out before attempting?
I'd wait a while. I was traveling this past week and haven't had a chance to test installing El Cappy on Hector either by upgrading my Yosemite build or a fresh install.

I'm inclined to do a fresh install then using Migration Assistant when prompted during the 2nd phase of the installation. I did this with my Thunderball system (Z77X-UD5H TH / i7 / GTX 650 Ti) and I was surprised how well it went. (I'm still testing.) UniBeast 6 and the Post Install pkg worked great!

However, stay tuned as I'll update sometime over the next couple of days. The good news is that, if you're using an nVidia Maxwell chipset graphics card, nVidia has published the El Cappy Web Driver > http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...raphics-drivers-os-x-10-11-0-346-03-02-a.html

BTW, for those of you who use your system for real work, I'd hold off updating to El Cappy as my experience is to wait to x.y.3 update is published. I major bugs will be worked out by then.

Not a 750ti but I've had no issues updating to El Capitan with a 970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back