Contribute
Register

Hector (H97N-WIFI / i5-4690 / 16GB RAM) with New Gigabyte 750 TI 2GB Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to install an order nvidia card onto build with the same motherboard, When I follow your steps, when i boot after disabling the intel graphics I just get a while screen. Please help
What is the card model? Unless it's a Maxwell chipset card (750, 750 Ti, 900 series and Titans), you don't need the nVidia Web drivers.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Hi Stork,

Thanks for all the work you do, I've been reading your post to build my first Hackintosh with fresh installation of Yosemite. I've couple of questions on how to proceed as I have Evga GTX 750Ti graphic card

My system config:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i7-4790k (not OCd)
Graphic: EVGA GTX 750Ti SC 2GB
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 16GB LVP
OS: currently running Windows 8.1, will use seperate SSD for Mac OS

1. Should I install Yosemite with on-board graphics and later install web driver to use 750Ti? or will I be able to perform Tonymacx86 steps for discrete graphic card?
2. What should be my system defenision? MacPro 3,1 or iMac 14,2?
3. If sysdef should be 3,1 for web driver installation, will I be able to switch it to iMac 14,2? if so, can you point me on how it can be done?

Thanks again for the help!

Hi Stork,

Thanks for all the work you do, I've been reading your post to build my first Hackintosh with fresh installation of Yosemite. I've couple of questions on how to proceed as I have Evga GTX 750Ti graphic card

My system config:

1. Should I install Yosemite with on-board graphics and later install web driver to use 750Ti? or will I be able to perform Tonymacx86 steps for discrete graphic card?
3. If sysdef should be 3,1 for web driver installation, will I be able to switch it to iMac 14,2? if so, can you point me on how it can be done?

I'd personally recommend using Clover instead of Chimera or Chameleon. It works much better with UEFI boards.

Hi Stork,

My system config:

1. I'd follow the steps in my guide in the original post of this thread - you'll have a better chance for success and it's easier than Clover, which I haven't found the need to use, yet (YMMV). I recommend the tonymacx86 UniBeast/MultiBeast installation procedure because it's easier for the beginner. Then, as you get more experience, knowledge and confidence, you can use Clover. But, I don't recommend Clover for the beginner.

2. I've run with both System Definitions (MacPro3,1 and iMac14,1/2). I started out with the installation (before I got the GTX 750 Ti graphics card) with the MP3,1 then switched to iMac14,1, using the on-board HD4600 before I got the 750 Ti. Later, when I installed the 750 Ti, I switched to MP3,1 for the installation of the nVidia as I outlined in the installation steps in my guide. After the installation of the drivers, I changed the SysDef to iMac14,2 which is toleda's recommended SysDef for most builds like ours. Since then, I've run with both SysDef's (MP3,1 and iMac14,2). But, I recommend iMac14,2 for most people.

3. You can easily change your SysDef with MultiBeast by just selecting the new SysDef; e.g.,
Customization > System Definition > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
or
Customization > System Definition > iMac > iMac14,1 or iMac14,2​
After MultiBeast completes the change, reboot for it to take affect.

1. I'd follow the steps in my guide in the original post of this thread - you'll have a better chance for success and it's easier than Clover, which I haven't found the need to use, yet (YMMV). I recommend the tonymacx86 UniBeast/MultiBeast installation procedure because it's easier for the beginner. Then, as you get more experience, knowledge and confidence, you can use Clover. But, I don't recommend Clover for the beginner.

2. I've run with both System Definitions (MacPro3,1 and iMac14,1/2). I started out with the installation (before I got the GTX 750 Ti graphics card) with the MP3,1 then switched to iMac14,1, using the on-board HD4600 before I got the 750 Ti. Later, when I installed the 750 Ti, I switched to MP3,1 for the installation of the nVidia as I outlined in the installation steps in my guide. After the installation of the drivers, I changed the SysDef to iMac14,2 which is toleda's recommended SysDef for most builds like ours. Since then, I've run with both SysDef's (MP3,1 and iMac14,2). But, I recommend iMac14,2 for most people.

3. You can easily change your SysDef with MultiBeast by just selecting the new SysDef; e.g.,
Customization > System Definition > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
or
Customization > System Definition > iMac > iMac14,1 or iMac14,2​
After MultiBeast completes the change, reboot for it to take affect.

Thanks you, Stork! I'll try it out this weekend. If I understand this right, I can use Tonymacx86's discrete graphic card method (uni and multibeast) and use your OP to update the webdriver for 750ti. I'll let you know how it goes.

...If I understand this right, I can use Tonymacx86's discrete graphic card method (uni and multibeast) and use your OP to update the webdriver for 750ti.
Yes, definitely. My guides have work for me and others using the tonymacx86 UniBeast/MultiBeast method. For more information (if you haven't seen/read them already), see the links to my Yosemite and GTX 750 Ti installation guides in my signature block.

Yes, definitely. My guides have work for me and others using the tonymacx86 UniBeast/MultiBeast method. For more information (if you haven't seen/read them already), see the links to my Yosemite and GTX 750 Ti installation guides in my signature block.

Stork,

Thanks for all the help, referred your guide and I was able to get the Yosemite up and running with GTX 750Ti in less than an hour :)

I can't express how much happy I'm now. Bluetooth works and I did not face any issue with the Audio either. Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 1.32.16 AM.png

Stork,

Thanks for all the help, referred your guide and I was able to get the Yosemite up and running with GTX 750Ti in less than an hour :)

I can't express how much happy I'm now. Bluetooth works and I did not face any issue with the Audio either. Thanks again.

View attachment 144300
You're welcome. Welcome to the wonderful world of hackintoshing. :thumbup:

Stork in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist where do i add the nvda_drv=1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back