Contribute
Register

Heavy demanding wish list..can you help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
I7-2600
Graphics
Nvidia GT 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !

I am thinking of building a new hackintosh, mostly for heavy demanding audio production.
Also, i really want to buy an excellent audio interface from UAD, which is connected through Thunderbolt.
Currently, i don't have TB on my mobo (GA z68-ud3h-b3), so i need a new mobo which has TB.

This is my wish list:

- Mobo with Thunderbolt and excellent specs about speeds and expandability (pci slots, sata3 ports).
- preferably more than 32 gb RAM capability on mobo.
- fast CPU (high clock) with at least 6 real cores (so 12 virtually), and preferably simple and good OC-ing capabilities.
- Excellent cooling, for oc-ing
- Ofcourse: should work as good as possible as a hackintosh, not to much hassle to install Mountain Lion on it.

I currently do have several ssd's and sata3 disks which i want to move over to the new HT.

I did research already but can't make up my mind really.
Which mobo, cpu and cooling would you suggest ?

Best,

Rob.

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU: 3770K
Cooling: not my table.

- Mobo with Thunderbolt and excellent specs about speeds and expandability (pci slots, sata3 ports).

Not many choices there I would go with the Gigabyte one beacuse of ease of configuration/supports not sure about the 32 Gig of RAM,

- fast CPU (high clock) with at least 6 real cores (so 12 virtually), and preferably simple and good OC-ing capabilities.

Just two choices with this platform
I7 3930k $550
I7 3960x $1100
Not cheap.

- Excellent cooling, for oc-ing

Many choices there, depends on how you want to invest the top air coolers are big and require big cases which sounds like you need with all of the hard drives. I personally like the CORSAIRs and Fractal Design with good air cooling or you can go with the self contained water coolers that take out less space.

Good luck.

And with a 2011 System, there is no speedstep/sleep. So heavy power usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back