Intel Onboard Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I would like to change the fan of my CPU (Intel Core i3 3225) because it is starting to make a lot of noise. I have found a fan less solution which sounds awesome to me:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...0_-_Socket_LGA_115x.html?tl=g48c375s578#blank

However, I'm guessing I'll need a CPU backplate to mount the heat sink (or not? there is already something which look like a backplate on the mptherboard). My motherboard is a GA-H77N-WIFI and I have no idea which backplate I should pick. Of course, I can look underneath the motherboard, but that's not going to tell me which backplate I should pick or not because it is hard to know before actually testing it.

Does anybody know how to correctly pick a CPU backplate?

Thanks

Check out the Noctua CPU coolers. Noctua make the best fans on the market and their coolers are apparently top notch too.

Hi all,

I would like to change the fan of my CPU (Intel Core i3 3225) because it is starting to make a lot of noise. I have found a fan less solution which sounds awesome to me:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...0_-_Socket_LGA_115x.html?tl=g48c375s578#blank

However, I'm guessing I'll need a CPU backplate to mount the heat sink (or not? there is already something which look like a backplate on the mptherboard). My motherboard is a GA-H77N-WIFI and I have no idea which backplate I should pick. Of course, I can look underneath the motherboard, but that's not going to tell me which backplate I should pick or not because it is hard to know before actually testing it.

Does anybody know how to correctly pick a CPU backplate?

Thanks

Hi there

the cooler you want is an Server cooler. This cooler doesnt have a Fan beause in Servers they often sit in front of the cpu cooler.
If you choose an Desktop cooler you wont have to search for an backplane becuase the Most will send you One with the cooler.
I would also give you the advice to buy an noctua the nh-U9B SE2. When you choose this you can even put an graphics card on the mobo without any problems.

Cool. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back