Contribute
Register

Headphone Static

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably due to a mismatch in the pathmaps or a mismatch in SSDT-ALC256.aml.
(eg. your codec may be slightly different than other ALC256).

I have attached my codec_dump from Linux plus the layout13.xml and the Platforms.xml from the CloverHDA kext I am using. From what I can tell it seems the pathmaps are correct in the Platforms.xml. Could you take a look? Thanks.

I also don't know what I am looking for in the SSDT-ALC256.

Attachments

• Audio Files.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 68
  • SSDT-ALC256.aml
    414 bytes · Views: 75
I have attached my codec_dump from Linux plus the layout13.xml and the Platforms.xml from the CloverHDA kext I am using. From what I can tell it seems the pathmaps are correct in the Platforms.xml. Could you take a look? Thanks.

I also don't know what I am looking for in the SSDT-ALC256.

Sorry, I simply do not have the time to patch AppleHDA for people (it is very time consuming and tedious).
That is for you to do...

Sorry, I simply do not have the time to patch AppleHDA for people (it is very time consuming and tedious).
That is for you to do...
Alright I will look into it. I am wondering though, with a patched AppleHDA would I still need a an SSDT-ALC256? How about codecCommander? Would that still be needed?

Alright I will look into it. I am wondering though, with a patched AppleHDA would I still need a an SSDT-ALC256? How about codecCommander? Would that still be needed?

CodecCommander is needed if you need to do fixups after wake from sleep. SSDT-ALC256.aml provides configuration data to CodecCommander specific to your audio codec.

You can always try without and see what happens.

CodecCommander is needed if you need to do fixups after wake from sleep. SSDT-ALC256.aml provides configuration data to CodecCommander specific to your audio codec.

You can always try without and see what happens.

In your CodecCommander repo, you have the .dsl version of SSDT-ALC256. If my specific codec is slightly different, what do I have to look for in this file to change? Is there any documentation on using on modifying CodecCommander configuration data I may have missed? Thanks for your help.

In your CodecCommander repo, you have the .dsl version of SSDT-ALC256. If my specific codec is slightly different, what do I have to look for in this file to change? Is there any documentation on using on modifying CodecCommander configuration data I may have missed? Thanks for your help.

You need to understand hda-verb, and the Intel HDA spec.

I got a codec dump from another Dell 9350 that doesn't have this static problem under macOS. There is a couple differences compared to mine, but I'm not sure if they would be causing this problem or not.

https://www.diffchecker.com/Ej6c4DtH

Mine is on the right side. The pathmaps seem to be identical however.

Yup... the data that is different is live data and/or formatting differences.

Yup... the data that is different is live data and/or formatting differences.

That would mean this static is not caused by an incorrect/incompatible patched AppleHDA right? If this is the case, is there anything else you would suggest I look at?

Thanks for your time and help.

That would mean this static is not caused by an incorrect/incompatible patched AppleHDA right? If this is the case, is there anything else you would suggest I look at?

Thanks for your time and help.

Perhaps you should compare notes with the person who has this "another Dell 9350" to see how your two systems are configured differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back