Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HDMI works, DisplayPort shows No signal at login screen, 4790K, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
UHD 770, RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Okay, I am posting question here after so many years, never got stuck, but I am facing weird issues.

DisplayPort shows Clover, but after verbose loading, when I am supposed to be at login screen, the video output seems to stop working. Thus, black screen and then no signal text.

I tried using HDMI 2.0 cable, and it doesn't shows Clover, black screen/no signal and then when loading is supposed to be done, directly shows login screen!

It is a shame it doesn't support 4K resolution tho, although my monitor does, I also found switching DP 1.2>1.1 to fix this issue, however it didn't work.
Files attached, error reporting tool showed error, therefore used it twice, 18398 was created at first attempt.
TLDR; HDMI 2.0>direct login, no 4k support.
DP > clover at boot works, further black screen/no signal.

Solved: by starting fresh, make sure you use DP #1 of your GPU. You will forget HDMI then.

Attachments

• 18398.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 124
  • 23715.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • nvram.plist
    2.2 KB · Views: 168
  • config.plist
    27 KB · Views: 192
  • EFI.zip
    27.2 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I've got a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB. I use Luli and WhateverGreen kexts in /Library/Extensions/ folder. (I put them there with KextBeast.) I was also forced to set the FrameBuffer to Orinoco. The links to the two kexts are in MyHero II build description as well as how I set the FrameBuffer in the config.plist.

However, I've read that the Luli & WhateverGreen kexts may negate the need for the config.plist mod. So, try adding the two kexts first.

Thanks for such a quick response, Stork. I followed your guide (it's a gold guide, BTW, well written and counter many issues). But, I got a KP.
I am attaching photo now.

Attachments

• 20190224_234342.jpg
    20190224_234342.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 306
Thanks for such a quick response, Stork. I followed your guide (it's a gold guide, BTW, well written and counter many issues). But, I got a KP.
I am attaching photo now.
OK, I'm not knowledgeable enough to help you. Maybe @pastrychef or @CaseySJ can put their Mk I eyeballs on your problem and help you.

Okay, I am posting question here after so many years, never got stuck, but I am facing weird issues.

DisplayPort shows Clover, but after verbose loading, when I am supposed to be at login screen, the video output seems to stop working. Thus, black screen and then no signal text.

I tried using HDMI 2.0 cable, and it doesn't shows Clover, black screen/no signal and then when loading is supposed to be done, directly shows login screen!

It is a shame it doesn't support 4K resolution tho, although my monitor does, I also found switching DP 1.2>1.1 to fix this issue, however it didn't work.
Files attached, error reporting tool showed error, therefore used it twice, 18398 was created at first attempt.
TLDR; HDMI 2.0>direct login, no 4k support.
DP > clover at boot works, further black screen/no signal.

Wow! You have a lot of fixes in your EFI folder!!! Are you sure you need all of them???

You definitely don't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

OK, I'm not knowledgeable enough to help you. Maybe @pastrychef or @CaseySJ can put their Mk I eyeballs on your problem and help you.

Wow! You have a lot of fixes in your EFI folder!!! Are you sure you need all of them???

You definitely don't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Sorry I couldn't update, I rebuild my Hackintosh USB, and installed and patched everything needed without following any guide at all, all my own. And damn, I did everything with DP1.2, it is so stable, in fact best and stable Hackintosh since El Capitan. (Sierra family was really bad).

Also I use my own config plist, that I am keep updating from last 5 years, so it's really messed up, but I disable everything not needed. And that kext was needed, since without it I couldn't boot.
Anyways I am so stable now that I don't even need any boot arg other than Darkwake=10.
Anyways, thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back