Contribute
Register

HDMI without DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original system was set up using easybeast. I am now trying to use the user dsdt install with the dsdt I got from earlier in this forum. When restarting after running multibeast, I get a kernal panic.

Should I be doing a user dsdt install with that dsdt? There is no dsdt for my motherboard, only for the pro and deluxe versions. I am planning to try with the pro version sometime today.

saribe0 said:
My original system was set up using easybeast. I am now trying to use the user dsdt install with the dsdt I got from earlier in this forum. When restarting after running multibeast, I get a kernal panic.

Should I be doing a user dsdt install with that dsdt? There is no dsdt for my motherboard, only for the pro and deluxe versions. I am planning to try with the pro version sometime today.
Not sure why MultiBeast failed though that is not usual. Restart the system to check if something selected was not installed. Rerun Multibeast and restart. Attach the dsdt you using.

My DSDT is attached. Im thinking it may be because I am not using Multibeast correctly. What should I have checked when using a DSDT?

Attachments

• DSDT.AML
    33 KB · Views: 85
saribe0 said:
My DSDT is attached. Im thinking it may be because I am not using Multibeast correctly. What should I have checked when using a DSDT?
UserDSDT. Copy the dsdt to the Desktop with the name dsdt.aml and run MultiBeast.

Hi i am trying to get HDMI Audio to work. i got everthing to work ( as far as i know ) cpu, ram, graphics, and also audio just not from the hdmi port. i have the HDEF definition in my dsdt but not correct configured. and also how to change GFX0 to PEGP and so on i am always making mistakes, i am not getting a clean compile after i edit the dsdt. i triied it with dsdtse and dsdt editor but i am not getting it right. pls help :) thxView attachment Archiv.zip

ok i got now a clean compile but nothing more... i tried to insert the patch to the dsdt and it worked, edited it a little bit to have no compile errors or so and thats the dsdt i posted.
please could someone take a look at it and maybe tell me whats wrong or edit it maybe... would be really great. apropos this is my very first hackintosh :) and its running not bad for how much i know about mac... thanks anyway

Hi i am trying to get HDMI Audio to work.
There are no HDMI audio edits in the attached dsdt.aml to comment on. First step is to update audio to ML. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC892. Confirm on board audio is working. For HDMI audio dsdt edits, use HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT, Reply to that thread.

sorry that i just reply. should i make a clean reinstall of OSX and then use the multibeast 5.2 or just leave it like it is now. i installed the audio from the new multibeast and its working but wen i use the AMI EFI folder files the compiler gives me a few errors but aspecially ( Object not found or not accessable from scope ( _SB.PCI0.PEG0)) i dont know why maybe because i dont have a PCIe Grafics... I dont know. all what i did was to extraxt dsdt after the new audio install( after one restart of course) and then patched one after the other the 2 txt patch files the compiler didnt give an error for patching it twice but.... that PEG0 error i cant handle and also with the HDEF i have it but after HDEF in IOREG there is nothing inside like u said no HDEF definition i dont kow what to do :( . the guide u made is very good when i read it everthing is clear but the dsdt is making me problems. i cant get to edit it so it will work my mainboard should be compatible. thank you for your time and energy i appriciate it very much. sincerely David

I was able to do it using the latest Chameleon, VodooHDA and adding this to the boot file:

<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back