Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HDMI still sending signal to monitor after shutdown. Monitor won't shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Fata1ity Z270 Gaming ITX
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
WX5100
Hello,

I did a fresh install on my old hardware with Mojave 10.14.6. Everything went well except that when I shutdown the PC a signal or power is still being sent to my monitor. My monitor will not go to sleep. This doesn't happen with my other builds. Also there is a red light on my adapter for my HDMI plug in and it should be off when I shutdown but is still on signaling that a signal is still being sent. I have tried several things. I checked off the Fix Shutdown in Clover Configurator, I changed the SMBIOS from 14.2 to 17.1. I changed the ig-platform-id to 0x1912000. I added change GFX0 to IGPU in Patches. Still nothing.

I have the following hardware:

Intel i5-6500
Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5
Samsung MZHPV256HDGL
8gb Memory Ram

I am using Intel Graphics 530. I have attached the config.plist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 42
when I shutdown the PC a signal or power is still being sent to my monitor. My monitor will not go to sleep.

I am using Intel Graphics 530. I have attached the config.plist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@aztlan78,

Have never seen nor heard of this ... does not make sense ... if the system shuts down ok then the CPU and thus the IGPU has no power so no signal should be present.

I think the only way it could happen is if you are using an active display adapter to (EG HDMI to VGA) in which case it's most likely pulling standby power from the motherboard, USB, external power ... etc.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you for the response. I am not sure either on what is going on. I may try to update to Catalina to see if this resolves the issue or I may add a GPU. I have an RX560 so maybe I'll add that. It just means I have to get another case for the dual slot GPU.

I installed Windows 10 and I am still getting the same results. I wonder if there is something I’m missing in the BIOS/ UEFI settings.

Thank you for the response. I am not sure either on what is going on.

@aztlan78,

You never answered my query ...

I think the only way it could happen is if you are using an active display adapter (EG: HDMI to VGA) in which case it's most likely pulling standby power from the motherboard, USB, external power ... etc.

Cheers
Jay

Oh, so sorry. I do not use an adapter for any hdmi to vga or any kind like that. I do use another adapter to have more than one hdmi line connected to the monitor. That is how I can tell there is an active signal going into the monitor. I have attached a pic on how it looks like.

Attachments

• DF6201E2-F6FB-4806-84BA-1440255A9378.jpeg
    DF6201E2-F6FB-4806-84BA-1440255A9378.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
Oh, so sorry. I do not use an adapter for any hdmi to vga or any kind like that. I do use another adapter to have more than one hdmi line connected to the monitor. That is how I can tell there is an active signal going into the monitor. I have attached a pic on how it looks like.

@aztlan78,

Ok understood ...

Have you tried connecting the PC directly to the monitor without the three into one switch and see if it works as expected.
It would help you identify if the issue is with the PC or the HDMI switch (i suspect it's the switch)

Cheers
Jay

@aztlan78,

Ok understood ...

Have you tried connecting the PC directly to the monitor without the three into one switch and see if it works as expected.
It would help you identify if the issue is with the PC or the HDMI switch (i suspect it's the switch)

Cheers
Jay
Removing the adapter and connecting straight to the monitor worked. I still do not understand why the adapter was causing this with Integrated Graphics. When I tried with a GPU it wouldn’t happen. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back