Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So right now I'm running an EVGA 9800GTX+ on 10.6.7, and my DVI to HDMI adapter will freeze/panic my computer every time I try to hook it up to my TV. I'm upgrading within the next two months to an HD6870. This is supposed to be natively compatible with 10.6.7, and it also has a native HDMI out. So my question is, is there a way to get my HDMI functioning now, and if not, is the native HDMI working on the HD6xxx cards?

Thanks. :)

Do a search. 8800, 9800, and 250 cards all are the same, and none of them will work with HDMI no matter what adapter you use.
Worked in 10.6.3, I think, but stopped working sometime after that. Something to do with the way Apple handles HDMI being incompatible with these cards.

Thanks guys. The HDMI on the 9800 really was a secondary question because my 6870's coming in Saturday. Appreciate the feedback, though.

Hello,

Since you do have experience with both, the 9800 and the 6870 - i am currently running a Geforce 9800GT in my Win7 system that i plan to upgrade to be Lion-compatible. Suppose i just switch mainboard and CPU and choose to stick with the 9800 for a little while, how much of performance in comparison to the recommended Radeon 6970 do you think I will lose in programms like Photoshop5, Lightroom3 (or Aperture) and Logic Pro 9? No gaming planned.

If the gain in Applications is not to high I'd rather spend the money on a nice SSD which should give me a proper boost in performance. However, if the difference 9800GT (in my case, not GTX) to the Radeon 6870 is noticeable in Photoshop or Logic i might have to get a new GPU as well...

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back