Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus N552VX-FW131T
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530 + GT 950m, 1920x1080
After reading all the topics about hdmi problems i tried to connect my notebook too with hdmi to test it and, at the first, nothing happened. Next i tried to boot with the monitor connected and worked except for the fact that the laptop monitor was disabled permanently. So i read online that the problem could be the kexts not installed properly and so i did (copied all the kexts in /L/E) but after that the hdmi no longer worked, even at the boot and even on windows (maybe i broke it?)

Attachments

• debug_23109.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 80
After reading all the topics about hdmi problems i tried to connect my notebook too with hdmi to test it and, at the first, nothing happened. Next i tried to boot with the monitor connected and worked except for the fact that the laptop monitor was disabled permanently. So i read online that the problem could be the kexts not installed properly and so i did (copied all the kexts in /L/E) but after that the hdmi no longer worked, even at the boot and even on windows (maybe i broke it?)

Make sure your hardware works on Windows first.
Then you can check in monitor properties (in Windows) to see which graphics device the HDMI is connected to.

Ok probably in the process of testing something went wrong and i broke the port (doesnt work in windows too). This laptop has a mini display port and a usb type c (dont know if capable of hdmi out) that i cant test right now. Do you think they can have the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back