CPU
i5 7400
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hello,

My config file is attached.
I am using a Gigabyte Z270-HD3 as my motherboard, and using a i5 7400 as my CPU + using the iGPU (Intel HD 630).
Everything works fine on my hackintosh (newly updated to Mojave). Except that when the PC sleeps, it will shutdown on wake, but that's for another topic.

My issue here is that I'm trying to plug in a second monitor via DVI, and nothing happens.
I tried the VGA port too, and same thing.
My motherboard has 3 ports for displays : HDMI, DVI and VGA.

When I boot the Hackintosh with the 2nd monitor plugged in, it will show Clover Bootloader, and the Gigabyte starting screen. So I know the PC detects it. But once Mojave loads, it becomes a black screen and nothing shows up.

I checked on System Report, under "Graphics/Displays", and the only one showing is my BenQ monitor, plugged in the HDMI port.
I tried unplugging the HDMI monitor to see if the issue was about getting 2 monitors working at the same time, but nothing happens.

From what I understand, the DVI and VGA ports are simply not being detected by Mojave at all.

What should I do first?
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 128
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
you shouldn't be injecting Intel

also VGA has not been supported for over 10 years, so that may not work

Thank you Feartech.

I tried disabling Intel, but it's still not working.

Here's something interesting.
I runned Mojave version of Multibeast, went to the "Customize" tab and checked "Intel HD 630 (Coffee lake)".
When I restarted the PC, the video memory went down to like 6mb, but now the monitor was working as a mirror only option. I couldn't set it to dual display mode. (using DVI)

So I followed a guide on how to get back that over 1500mb video memory, and it worked fine. But the second DVI display stopped working again. Not being detected at all.

Here's my current config file.
Should I rebuild with Multibeast with that "Intel HD 630" checked and start from there?
That's the only way I was able to make that DVI port work, but again, as mirror only.

Thank you very much once again

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 145
Thank you Feartech.

I tried disabling Intel, but it's still not working.

Here's something interesting.
I runned Mojave version of Multibeast, went to the "Customize" tab and checked "Intel HD 630 (Coffee lake)".
When I restarted the PC, the video memory went down to like 6mb, but now the monitor was working as a mirror only option. I couldn't set it to dual display mode. (using DVI)

So I followed a guide on how to get back that over 1500mb video memory, and it worked fine. But the second DVI display stopped working again. Not being detected at all.

Here's my current config file.
Should I rebuild with Multibeast with that "Intel HD 630" checked and start from there?
That's the only way I was able to make that DVI port work, but again, as mirror only.

Thank you very much once again
use the hackintool as mentioned in the link i gave you above

I did. Even though I have followed the guide, I'm not sure how to make it work.
1 - I opened Hackintool
2 - I went on the Patch tab, then at the bottom selected the Kaby Lake Intel generation, and Platform ID 0x59120000 which has the same GPU as my build (intel HD graphics 630). Thing is, "Models" indicate "iMac18,1 iMac 18,2 and iMac 18,3". Mine is set to 17,1.
3 - I went to "Patch" and clicked "Generate Patch", copied and pasted the result in my config file.
4 - Before rebooting, I opened up Clover configurator, and then went on the SMBIOS section and changed my settings to an iMac 18,2. Saved, and rebooted my PC.
5 - Clover bootloader loaded at first very glitchy. Visually, I could't see much, but since I have only 3 boot options I was able to select my Hackintosh SSD.
6 - After few seconds, the PC rebooted by itself, and loaded back to Clover Bootloader, but this time I was able to see it correctly. I selected my SSD once again.
7 - I could't see anything, both my screens were black.

That's where I'm at. I have replaced that newly edited config file with a backup that was working fine except the dual monitor situation.

Any help would be very appreaciated. Thanks

Awesome! Turns out all I needed to do was to change my SMBIOS settings to iMac18,1 (in my case). And the second monitor started working in the DVI port. That's the only thing I have changed.

Hackintool was useful to check if my current iMac settings were working with the builds using my iGPU.

Thanks everyone for your time. Hopefully this will help some of you.

Weird. Turns out it was working temporarily.
I have turned off my Hackintosh yesterday, and turned it back on this morning.
Everything was fine except on the user login screen, only my HDMI monitor was showing.
The other one was black, but I knew it was detected because the mouse cursor could go outside the HDMI monitor.

I logged in, DVI monitor still black but everything was fine for around 15 seconds, and then the HDMI monitor started flickering like crazy with a lot of glitches on screen, and the DVI monitor started working with the same issue. So both monitor were showing something but with a lot of glitches on screen. Like it was dancing to some dubstep if you know what I mean.

I can unplug the DVI monitor and the HDMI monitor will work as normal after few seconds.

Any ideas why this is happening?

-------
EDIT :

Turns out I cannot boot with the DVI monitor plugged in.
To make it work, I have to make sure the DVI monitor is unplugged from the PC DVI port, boot into MacOS, then plug it back in, and it works. I tried it twice, and also tried it with the monitor plugged in at boot and that's when the glitching happens.

Hope this will help some people out there. Cheers

Last edited:
Weird. Turns out it was working temporarily.
I have turned off my Hackintosh yesterday, and turned it back on this morning.
Everything was fine except on the user login screen, only my HDMI monitor was showing.
The other one was black, but I knew it was detected because the mouse cursor could go outside the HDMI monitor.

I logged in, DVI monitor still black but everything was fine for around 15 seconds, and then the HDMI monitor started flickering like crazy with a lot of glitches on screen, and the DVI monitor started working with the same issue. So both monitor were showing something but with a lot of glitches on screen. Like it was dancing to some dubstep if you know what I mean.

I can unplug the DVI monitor and the HDMI monitor will work as normal after few seconds.

Any ideas why this is happening?

-------
EDIT :

Turns out I cannot boot with the DVI monitor plugged in.
To make it work, I have to make sure the DVI monitor is unplugged from the PC DVI port, boot into MacOS, then plug it back in, and it works. I tried it twice, and also tried it with the monitor plugged in at boot and that's when the glitching happens.

Hope this will help some people out there. Cheers
Hi @pipolamenace,

I have the same problem with similar hardware. Can you share your EFI folder or config.plist with me, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back