Contribute
Register

HDMI port on Intel HD4600 never worked on Sierra/HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B85M-G
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Dear members,
I've been unable to bring the (integrated) HDMI to work on my El Capitan, Sierra, HS Hackintosh's ever. Whenever I tried, the screen just goes black not even showing the motherboard logo as well. I even tried the HDMI port of nVidia GT610 as well and same black screen... Tried selecting HDMI option from monitor as well to no avail.

Even followed various threads including below thread from the great site - tonymacx86.com
[Fix] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

and various other youtube videos and settings etc...

It'll be really great if someone can help me getting to use HDMI port on HS. At present, I'm using VGA port (for Sierra, HS). I'm attaching the High Sierra config.plist (without HDMI port working).

H/W config.
i5-4460
Asus B85M-G
120 GB Samsung Evo+
24 GB memory

I appreciate any help to solve the long pending HDMI port issues.
Please let me know any other info. required.

Regards

Attachments

• macOS-HS-config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 283
as far as I remember, when I have done my brother's hackintosh, I had to change Graphic Card ID by hand on first boots (before using multibeast) to make it load the installer when using HDMI connector.

as far as I remember, when I have done my brother's hackintosh, I had to change Graphic Card ID by hand on first boots (before using multibeast) to make it load the installer when using HDMI connector.
Ok, so can you let me know how and what you did, if you still remember :)

on clover screen, move to "option icon"
this open a big menu list inside them you find "graphic"
and inside graphic you see your current graphic ID, and have an option to Inject pciid/graphic ID

as for high sierra it seems it is not needed anymore

on clover screen, move to "option icon"
this open a big menu list inside them you find "graphic"
and inside graphic you see your current graphic ID, and have an option to Inject pciid/graphic ID

as for high sierra it seems it is not needed anymore
Thanks, but there is already a graphic id value. I've attached the config.plist which has all the configured settings for my current HS hack. Please check & advice !!

if I look back on your post

Whenever I tried, the screen just goes black not even showing the motherboard logo as well

so it is not an OS related issue, rather an hardware issue, booting first on VGA, then switching eventually to HDMI/DVI if available.

have you tried installing with VGA, then booting on VGA, then when UP switching to HDMI
or blind boot, wait until HDMI come up ?

if you plug the GT610,
in that case many motherboard will just deactivated the integrated one, thus you won't be able to use it in anyway.
but with some other you may need to force Integrated Graphics to be down in bios, by selecting PCIe Graphics card on boot, or remove "multi link" option, depend how your bios talks about this feature.

then you need to focus on the PCIe graphic card (when you are with the GTX610 for example)
installer would need to be tweaked to reactivate nvidia to load, but not sure if 610 need webdriver or native OSX is sufficient

if I look back on your post

so it is not an OS related issue, rather an hardware issue, booting first on VGA, then switching eventually to HDMI/DVI if available.

have you tried installing with VGA, then booting on VGA, then when UP switching to HDMI
or blind boot, wait until HDMI come up ?

if you plug the GT610,
in that case many motherboard will just deactivated the integrated one, thus you won't be able to use it in anyway.
but with some other you may need to force Integrated Graphics to be down in bios, by selecting PCIe Graphics card on boot, or remove "multi link" option, depend how your bios talks about this feature.

then you need to focus on the PCIe graphic card (when you are with the GTX610 for example)
installer would need to be tweaked to reactivate nvidia to load, but not sure if 610 need webdriver or native OSX is sufficient
I have tried to use HDMI ports of GT610 as well as the integrated intel hd4600 but the screen doesn't show anything at all, it goes black.
I have also tried hot switching from VGA to HDMI, but the screen goes black again :(. Could not get HDMI to work.

Thanks for your replies..

==================

Update : I've got the HDMI of Integrated HD4600 to work with Sierra now, however, I don't see the acceleration yet...
I've added Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsfix.kext to /Library/Extensions..

I see lagginess in the graphics...Please help to get this lagginess removed....by the way, iGPU is set to 64 MB in BIOS...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back