Contribute
Register

HDMI port not working (UHD630) on BIG SUR 11.2 (OPENCORE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackintool is all I've been playing with these past couple of days. I've got the monitor working, but only if I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. Pretty sure I have all those suggestions enables. But I'll have to check again to be sure.

Hmm...that sounds like an issue likely to do with your monitor. I know of this because I have two HD monitors (one Samsung and one HP at work) with an older Skylake build, and it refuses to boot on the Samsung even for a BIOS screen. Yet I plug it on the HP and it boots fine. So it’s likely to do with that.

Hmm...that sounds like an issue likely to do with your monitor. I know of this because I have two HD monitors (one Samsung and one HP at work) with an older Skylake build, and it refuses to boot on the Samsung even for a BIOS screen. Yet I plug it on the HP and it boots fine. So it’s likely to do with that.
interesting...but unfortunately, it seems to affect both monitors (one is a 27" BenQ and the other a 34" Asus ultrawide). I guess it could be that my machine hates both monitors...

For IGPU multi monitors application, need agdpmod=vit9696 (not agdpmod=ignore / agdpmod=pikera) to override Apple Graphics Display Policy.

Hey, thanks for looking! I fixed it, but it didn't help this issue.

Override AGDP is the basic step for multi monitors setup, still need select correct ig-platform-id for framebuffer patching.

For example, your current ig-platform-id is 0x3E9B0007 (CFL framebuffer mis-match with your IGPU but it work), it use bus-id 0x05 (port 5), 0x04 (port 6), 0x06 (port7), 0x00 (port 0 not activated), all connector type are DP and usually WEG will auto apply DP to HDMI patches, means that your HDMI probably linked to 0x00 (port 0).

Try other ig-platform-id with 0x00 (port 0 for LVDS) is activated, like 0x3E920000, and use hackintools change connector type from LVDS to HDMI, may work.

Hey, thanks for looking! I fixed it, but it didn't help this issue.
With my rig and running off the IGPU, I have to have this argument in order to restore the HDMI signal from sleep:

igfxonln=1

Mine is fine after restart though, so I'm not sure if this will fix it.

With my rig and running off the IGPU, I have to have this argument in order to restore the HDMI signal from sleep:

igfxonln=1

Mine is fine after restart though, so I'm not sure if this will fix it.
Hey, Thanks! I thought it was in there, but I guess I accidentally deleted it. Too many boot-arg's in there! No difference, but it'll probably help if/when I finally get this all sorted out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back