Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, im not sure if this has answered or posted this already.

I was wondering f i can output the computer signal to a TV using HDMI cables just like a PC? I figured since the Mac Mini has HDMI capabilities, can I use this on a iMac Hackintosh? Thanks

Hardware:
Laptop: Gateway NV79
Processor: Intel Core i3-330M
Memory: 4GB Memory
Graphics: Intel HD
**Pretty much its stock hardware, you can find the full Specs here... http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668590.php

list your hardware pls :)

i dont have much knowledge about lappy :lolno:

what about desktop? im plannin on buying one anyways... its also a Gateway DX4860 it hasnt come out yet... but it ahs everything needed for a out of the box hackintosh... surprisingly the guy even said it was a great "alternative" to "One" of those...

but yeah it runs
Intel core i5-2300 quad core
8GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphics with discrete Intel HD 3000 Graphics
1TB Hard drive.

would that one work?

BieberBoy_93 said:
what about desktop? im plannin on buying one anyways... its also a Gateway DX4860 it hasnt come out yet... but it ahs everything needed for a out of the box hackintosh... surprisingly the guy even said it was a great "alternative" to "One" of those...

but yeah it runs
Intel core i5-2300 quad core
8GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphics with discrete Intel HD 3000 Graphics
1TB Hard drive.

would that one work?
A discrete PCIe HD5770 should work OOB with the 2011 ATI drivers. Mine can output DVI+DVI, DVI+HDMI, DVI+DisplayPort or HDMI+DisplayPort. Can't do 3 monitors, though, unless I do some DSDT editing. Don't need it , so haven't bothered with it.
Intel HD integrated drivers lost support with the 10.6.5 update. Delete a couple of kexts in /S/L/E and you can get it to work, but no QE/CI and limited resolution 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back