Graphics
intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had HDMI working fine on lion with the new chimera update with no modifications. Now with mountain lion when the hdmi is plugged into another monitor either nothing shows up or I get these crazy lines on the display. dvi works fine and when I reboot the bios and the apple boot screen show up on the second monitor with HDMI. Just can't get the second monitor to work once I'm booted even though it worked fine in the past with lion. Any ideas?

Hmm, just checked my HDMI and it is working. But I'm currently not using Chimera because it gives me sleep issues: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/60917-who-has-wake-sleep-working-hd4000.html

I experienced that weird lines or graphic errors are mostly due to wrong VRAM BIOS settings. You could try setting your VRAM to 64MB or 96MB in BIOS.

Btw... does your wake from sleep work?

My HDMI works and I have no sleep problem (sleep works well with Chimera 1.11.0. installed).
The problem is that I cannot get my HD 4000 kext loaded, and therefore, I can't get the full graphic acceleration (QE/CI).

i wake from sleep fine. I just get those weird lines like you said on my monitor with hdmi. chimera automatically set my vram to 64 ill try 96 and see what happens. Also, ML wont even recognize that anything is plugged into the hdmi output.

My HDMI works and I have no sleep problem (sleep works well with Chimera 1.11.0. installed).
The problem is that I cannot get my HD 4000 kext loaded, and therefore, I can't get the full graphic acceleration (QE/CI).

My sleep is only affected with loaded HD4000 kext. It's not Chimera itself but the graphics injection it is doing.

i wake from sleep fine. I just get those weird lines like you said on my monitor with hdmi. chimera automatically set my vram to 64 ill try 96 and see what happens. Also, ML wont even recognize that anything is plugged into the hdmi output.

The size you're seeing in OSX is your DVMT memory size, OSX is ignoring everything you set in BIOS here and sets it automatically according to your amount of RAM. You should set it to MAX in BIOS.
The VRAM I mean is something different and called "Internal Graphics Memory Size" in Gigabyte's BIOS. It usually has to be set to 64MB, but it depends on what platform-id Chimera is setting for you. To find out which you have type "ioreg -k AAPL,ig-platform-id" in terminal and scroll up until you see the unfolded node (should be GFX0 or IGPU), there you will find the value of AAPL,ig-platform-id. You can then compare it with the information found here to get your needed VRAM settings: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/57184-intel-hd-4000-native-driver-info.html

Edit:

I wrote a guide how to enable HD4000 because a lot of people seem to have issues:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back