Contribute
Register

HDMI not working on MSI Laptop (Framebuffer patch applied)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GF63 8SC laptop - HM370 - OpenCore UEFI
CPU
Intel i5 8300h
Graphics
iGPU: UHD 630 + Nvidia gtx 1650 Max-Q
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an MSI GF63 8SC laptop on which I have successfully installed vanilla macOS with Opencore (Current mac version is 11.2.2 and Opencore version is 0.6.5). My iGPU is fully working (with Framebuffer patch applied, pic 1) and I have disabled my Nvidia GPU with SSDT. Recently I feel the need to buy a monitor, but my hdmi doesn't seem to work. I connected my hack to my tv using hdmi, the laptop screen went dark for a second before coming back, but the TV shows No Input detected.

But on the other hand when I'm on Windows, hdmi works like a charm. Now I read on a post here that If my hdmi is directly connected to my Nvidia GPU, then I'm out of luck. But in the Nvidia Control panel (Pic 2) I saw that my hdmi is connected to my iGPU and the controls for the secondary display appear in Intel Graphics Center (and not in Nvidia panel, Pic 3).

( Extra: The display section in hackintool shows this : Pic 4)

So I would be very grateful if anyone knows how to fix this issue. Thank You.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 1.27.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 1.27.43 PM.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 154
  • HDMI-connection.jpg
    HDMI-connection.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 151
  • intel-graphics-center.jpg
    intel-graphics-center.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 1.29.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 1.29.28 PM.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 119
I have an MSI GF63 8SC laptop on which I have successfully installed vanilla macOS with Opencore (Current mac version is 11.2.2 and Opencore version is 0.6.5). My iGPU is fully working (with Framebuffer patch applied, pic 1) and I have disabled my Nvidia GPU with SSDT. Recently I feel the need to buy a monitor, but my hdmi doesn't seem to work. I connected my hack to my tv using hdmi, the laptop screen went dark for a second before coming back, but the TV shows No Input detected.

But on the other hand when I'm on Windows, hdmi works like a charm. Now I read on a post here that If my hdmi is directly connected to my Nvidia GPU, then I'm out of luck. But in the Nvidia Control panel (Pic 2) I saw that my hdmi is connected to my iGPU and the controls for the secondary display appear in Intel Graphics Center (and not in Nvidia panel, Pic 3).

( Extra: The display section in hackintool shows this : Pic 4)

So I would be very grateful if anyone knows how to fix this issue. Thank You.
zip and upload your OC folder

zip and upload your OC folder
Here it is. (I removed the boot icons etc. to reduce the size of the zip. I also removed the serial number and system uuid from the smbios for privacy reasons).

Attachments

• OC.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 97
Here it is. (I removed the boot icons etc. to reduce the size of the zip. I also removed the serial number and system uuid from the smbios for privacy reasons).
maybe try:
0900A53E for ig-platform-id as assume that is for hd630?

also remove agdpmod=vit9696 boot argument

MacBookPro15,2 may be a better choice for smbios

if you have no luck with that then also look over:

maybe try:
0900A53E for ig-platform-id as assume that is for hd630?

also remove agdpmod=vit9696 boot argument

MacBookPro15,2 may be a better choice for smbios

if you have no luck with that then also look over:
Ok, I'll try these and let you know. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back