Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HDMI not working on Intel UHD Graphics 620 on Whiskey Lake CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean: When I go to hackintool to try other Platform IDs but with Index = 0, BusID = 0x0, Pipe = 0 , Type = Dummy, Flags = 0x00000040 then all ports are green i.e. Internal. And if I set it up correctly, only one port is marked as Internal.

What really happened? What is the Dummy gate type actually for? And with Index = 0, BusID = 0x0, Pipe = 0 , Type = Dummy, Flags = 0x00000040 it's completely different from the correct setup for my Laptop, it shouldn't be marked as Internal, so why is it marked? What are these values so special that they are considered Internal?
there is a lot of info here about ports etc:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/post-1885420

you just have to make sure you use the correct hardware and platform ID relevant to your hardware

there is a lot of info here about ports etc:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/post-1885420

you just have to make sure you use the correct hardware and platform ID relevant to your hardware
Thank you very much for this useful information

I have one last question, that on the official Intel site, the device ID for my iGPU is 0x3EA0, should I use that to set as the device-id for my hackintosh? If so, what should I keep in mind? And does it cause kernel panic or black screen?

Thank you very much for this useful information

I have one last question, that on the official Intel site, the device ID for my iGPU is 0x3EA0, should I use that to set as the device-id for my hackintosh? If so, what should I keep in mind? And does it cause kernel panic or black screen?
you will have to test this and see which works best, i don't have the hardware to do this :)

you will have to test this and see which works best, i don't have the hardware to do this :)
Thanks for helping me up to this point, but I still have another problem coming up that is my cooling fan is not showing up in iStat Menus and Macs Fan Control even though my kexts are complete and they are in my config.plist

But I'll post the thread sometime when I'm free, but for now, this problem is SOLVED.

Thank you very much, I will update the prefix for this post now

Hi everyone,

I just isntalled Mac OS big sur on my HP 15 Core dw0014na i7 8565U (Wisky lake) every thing is working fine graphics are working fine 2048MB Graphics memory brightness keys

Below are the issues i am facing now

Brightness keys ( pause button works as brightness + key)

Airdisplay not working (WIFI swapped from my Lenovo Y-50-70) blutooth works fine some time and sometime stops

when i update the Opencore the latest brightness stops working

ANy one please help meeeeeee

Attachments

• OC 99%.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back