CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
Intel HD630 + Nvidia GTX 1050, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi,
I'm trying to install 10.12.6 to Hp Pavilion Power 15-cb008ur (lspci comand output is attached). I'm no recomended that laptop for Mac, because advanced BIOS (Insyde F.06, InsydeH20 Rev. 5.0) tab isn't available (even with fn+tab, or a+f10). Your can change only time, password and boot options. So, I can not change GPU mode and other useful BIOS options. Minimal presetup for 15-cb008ur installation (may be helpful for someone):
  1. Thanks RehabMan for many instructions, especially for https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
  2. Delete all kexts from Clover after UniBeast, except FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, RealtekRTL8111. Note: FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext have issues and in boot with verbose mode, your'll see message after panic: "Unsupported CPU"
  3. Clover options: PCI Devices -> USB Ownership, USB Injection, Inject ClockID. Note: without "ownership" boot will be stalled, becase USB flash drive stops working.
  4. Clover options: Graphics Injector -> disable Inject Intel and Inject Nvidia options.
  5. Boot option: -v nv_disable=1
  6. Audio (speakers, headphones, microphone): VoodooHDA
  7. WebCam: just works
At this moment I have problems with:
  1. HDMI no video, no audio (critical for me)
  2. WiFi: intel chipset isn't supported. I think about replace to Broadcom. Should I just buy broadcom and try to install it? Is there any other way to find out about BIOS whitelist?
  3. Brightnes, keyboard backlight, battary status, card reader not working. (I'm not trying to make them work. Right now, for me, HDMI is more important.)
  4. Touchpad: is determined as mouse, gestures and scrolling is not working.
I'm trying to make HDMI Video output, but faced with problems. Laptop isn't reacts for HDMI cable plug in/out at all. I used different options and configs from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config (remove Disable key from KextsToPatch in config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist) but without results. Also I tried to use nvidia web driver, but best result that I have is: nvidia PCIe device with 0mb VRAM inside system info, and "No Device Found" in "NVIDIA Driver Manager". Can anyone suggest me, what else I should try to run HDMI video output? May be HDMI directly connected to gtx1050? How I can check that in Ubuntu or MacOS?

I’m working on improving my English...

Attachments

• pavilion_lspci_15-cb008ur.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
no video, no audio (critical for me)

Touchpad: is determined as mouse, gestures and scrolling is not working.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

WiFi: intel chipset isn't supported. I think about replace to Broadcom. Should I just buy broadcom and try to install it? Is there any other way to find out about BIOS whitelist?

Brightnes, keyboard backlight, battary status, card reader not working. (I'm not trying to make them work. Right now, for me, HDMI is more important.)

See FAQ for guides/links/etc.

Thanks for answering. Since first message I tried upgrade clover and all kext to latest versions. And now laptop booting with FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext without "Unsupported CPU" message. But with HDMI and touchpad situations remains the same.
Problem reporting files is attached to message inside cb008ur.zip archive.

See FAQ for guides/links/etc.
Ok, now I see:
In many cases, you won't know whether your BIOS implements a whitelist until you attempt to replace the WiFi card.

Attachments

• cb008ur.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 168
Thanks for answering. Since first message I tried upgrade clover and all kext to latest versions. And now laptop booting with FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext without "Unsupported CPU" message. But with HDMI and touchpad situations remains the same.
Problem reporting files is attached to message inside cb008ur.zip archive.

Ok, now I see:

Check in Windows to see if your HDMI port is connected to the Nvidia instead of Intel graphics device.
Your trackpad is ELAN, but you have installed Synaptics PS2 kexts. Search for ELAN kexts.

Check in Windows to see if your HDMI port is connected to the Nvidia instead of Intel graphics device.
Your trackpad is ELAN, but you have installed Synaptics PS2 kexts. Search for ELAN kexts.
Thanks, with ELAN kext trackpad gestures and scrolling works well, but in sys pref trackpad settings shows blank page. I found guide, how to settup that kext via Info.plist...

Yesterday, I've installed windows on laptop, and saw that hdmi port is connected to the Nvidia. Tryed to use nvidia web driver, but again situation the same. No ECC device in Nvidia web driver pref pane. In system info I have Nvidia PCIe device with 0mb VRAM (without monitor). My searchs on forum saids that I should add "Nvidia Web Driver flag" to Clover, or set GraphicsEnabler=No, but I already did that. So, as I understand, it's no way to get the gtx1050 to work with the external display on that laptop...

Thanks, with ELAN kext trackpad gestures and scrolling works well, but in sys pref trackpad settings shows blank page. I found guide, how to settup that kext via Info.plist...

Contact ELAN author with your issue (nothing to do here, as it is closed-source in violation of APSL and the spirit of open source).

Yesterday, I've installed windows on laptop, and saw that hdmi port is connected to the Nvidia. Tryed to use nvidia web driver, but again situation the same. No ECC device in Nvidia web driver pref pane. In system info I have Nvidia PCIe device with 0mb VRAM (without monitor). My searchs on forum saids that I should add "Nvidia Web Driver flag" to Clover, or set GraphicsEnabler=No, but I already did that. So, as I understand, it's no way to get the gtx1050 to work with the external display on that laptop...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• cb008ur_2.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 137
Sorry, I just thought it was the end of hdmi story. Because, as I think, all methods was tested without results. My "Problem reporting files" for last configuration with installed "nvidia web drivers" is attached.

If you installed the Nvidia web drivers, don't forget that EmuVariableUefi-64.efi requires the Clover "RC scripts" to operate correctly. Without them NVRAM is not saved to nvram.plist, therefore not persisted across reboots.

Your ioreg shows the Nvidia drivers loaded, but no display detected. Maybe you didn't plug one in?

If you installed the Nvidia web drivers, don't forget that EmuVariableUefi-64.efi requires the Clover "RC scripts" to operate correctly. Without them NVRAM is not saved to nvram.plist, therefore not persisted across reboots.

Your ioreg shows the Nvidia drivers loaded, but no display detected. Maybe you didn't plug one in?
Thanks, I'll check "RC scripts" options and reinstall clover.

I tried many methods:
  • Different combination of clover "Graphics options": nvidia vesa mode, web driver, efi, InjectGPU and so on. Most of it was from clover-settings-graphics tab.
  • I have read in the forum, that with some system definitions nvidia web driver may not work. So, I tried MacPro6,1, MacPro5,1, iMac14.2, but without result.
  • Different ways to connect a monitor: Boot the system with the hdmi connected, or connect hdmi after "log in" screen. Anyway - nothing changes, and MacOS doesn't react on hdmi cable at all.
Problem files was generated on next boot scenario:
  1. hdmi monitor was connected before system boot (I tested hdmi connection in Windows, so cable is good.)
  2. System def: iMac14.2
  3. Only "nvidia web driver" was checked in clover boot options.

Thanks, I'll check "RC scripts" options and reinstall clover.

I tried many methods:
  • Different combination of clover "Graphics options": nvidia vesa mode, web driver, efi, InjectGPU and so on. Most of it was from clover-settings-graphics tab.
  • I have read in the forum, that with some system definitions nvidia web driver may not work. So, I tried MacPro6,1, MacPro5,1, iMac14.2, but without result.
  • Different ways to connect a monitor: Boot the system with the hdmi connected, or connect hdmi after "log in" screen. Anyway - nothing changes, and MacOS doesn't react on hdmi cable at all.
Problem files was generated on next boot scenario:
  1. hdmi monitor was connected before system boot (I tested hdmi connection in Windows, so cable is good.)
  2. System def: iMac14.2
  3. Only "nvidia web driver" was checked in clover boot options.

Having the exact same problem as you. HDMI connected to GTX 1050, no detection when plugged, no devices detected in ECC... I'll try these RC scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back