Contribute
Register

HDMI No Video HP Pavilion Power 15-cb0xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange ... I didn't do anything special for first VESA boot. Just create bootable USB via Unibeast (with default unibeast clover settings). After first boot I have different problems, but VESA worked without any manipulations. May be problem is not in graphic card? Did you try verbose or save boot modes?
As I know, HP cb .. series have laptop with HDD + SDD hybride. In my case, I have simple model with HDD only. Also you can check BIOS settings, it's small but have setup for "Virtualization" (See screenshot attached - it's my bios settings)
View attachment 307403

I tried -v mode and the graphic card does show the apple logo for a while and than the system freezes with the message of "service only ran for 0 seconds" ... etc. When I use -x mode the system does not boot ?
I disabled the Virtualization, but still no succes.
(I have als on older Toshiba laptop and I managed to install the Osx on that one)
Maybe you can send me your Clover EFI ?

I tried -v mode and the graphic card does show the apple logo for a while and than the system freezes with the message of "service only ran for 0 seconds" ... etc. When I use -x mode the system does not boot ?
I disabled the Virtualization, but still no succes.
(I have als on older Toshiba laptop and I managed to install the Osx on that one)
Maybe you can send me your Clover EFI ?
I hope it helps you.

Attachments

• CLOVER_hp_cb008ur.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20180122_183922.jpg
    IMG_20180122_183922.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 221
I hope it helps you.
Thank you very much.

I tried al your settings etc en EFI files. Unfortunally it did not work. With the verbose option (-v) I get the message "service only ran for 0 seconds" ... etc. :thumbdown
So I think there is no other way than to investigate the (complex) method how to solve this..
There is some trouble with the XPC driver (display driver).

Attachments

• origin.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 83
I tried to patch but unfortunally it did not work. I could not find the correct OFF method. Maybe I did something wrong but it looks like the patch described in the example is the same as my OFF method !?
Could someone have a look at my settings and give me a hint ?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Just tried a couple of times, but I can still not figure out the right spoof for disable one of my graphic cards.
Hopefully someone can give me a hint.

Regards,Jack

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 96
Just tried a couple of times, but I can still not figure out the right spoof for disable one of my graphic cards.
Hopefully someone can give me a hint.

Regards,Jack

Your SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is correct (path is _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP).
The reason it isn't working is because you have no _DSM->XDSM patch.
See details in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Why are you posting High Sierra related questions in the Sierra forum?

Hello my laptop (151cb028nl1) has characteristics very similar to yours, I ask you which kext did you use for the touchpad? Finally you were able to make the patch for the battery and the proper recognition of the GPU and vram? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back