Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HDMI Issue - Monitor Not Recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Got a question though
Under what circumstances should I apply this?

- What should my BIOS settings be? (currently:
BIOS -> Peripherals -> Initial Display: PCIE Slot 1
Internal Graphics: Disabled)

- How should I connect my new monitor using the HDMI slot? Plug it into the graphics card or into the Motherboard?

Your BIOS Graphics are OK for PCIE Graphics.
You just connect new Monitor via HDMI cable to HDMI port of PCIE Card (Nvidia GT 640)

Your Intel HD 2500 has no Support in Mojave .
Your GT 640 is Natively supported in Mojave and therefore DOES NOT need any config.plist editing
in Devices and Graphics SECTIONS.

Only requirement is having kexts/Other containing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen .kext (latest) which I have installed.

If you install any other fully Natively supported Graphics , this CLOVER and config.plist should be OK.

Edited to add:

To see a Similar GA-61M Mojave install with a very similar Nvidia GT card -> #1

Last edited:
Your BIOS Graphics are OK for PCIE Graphics.
You just connect new Monitor via HDMI cable to HDMI port of PCIE Card (Nvidia GT 640)

Your Intel HD 2500 has no Support in Mojave .
Your GT 640 is Natively supported in Mojave and therefore DOES NOT need any config.plist editing
in Devices and Graphics SECTIONS.

Only requirement is having kexts/Other containing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen .kext (latest) which I have installed.

If you install any other fully Natively supported Graphics , this CLOVER and config.plist should be OK.

I'm ready to try it out, however i'm wondering what should I set my onboard graphics on? "Disable" or "Enable"? Also VDT? Enable or Disable?

I'm ready to try it out, however i'm wondering what should I set my onboard graphics on? "Disable" or "Enable"? Also VDT? Enable or Disable?
You may set as DISABLE ( even if it cannot support Mojave and might normally be ignored by CLOVER)

VT-d must be Disabled; if you forget to do that, dart=0 in config.plist_Boot Args will come for your rescue to do that for you.

I routinely DISABLE VT-d in BIOS.

BIOS and CLOVER must work hand in hand for Hackintosh Installer to boot for initial installation and for System Disk to boot after Installation

If there is a Boot problem the Whole BIOS and the entire CLOVER must be fully checked to find a cause.

You may set as DISABLE ( even if it cannot support Mojave and might normally be ignored by CLOVER)

VT-d must be Disabled; if you forget to do that, dart=0 in config.plist_Boot Args will come for your rescue to do that for you.

I routinely DISABLE VT-d in BIOS.

BIOS and CLOVER must work hand in hand for Hackintosh Installer to boot for initial installation and for System Disk to boot after Installation

If there is a Boot problem the Whole BIOS and the entire CLOVER must be fully checked to find a cause.

Tried everything you said. The OS starts loading, panic appears & reboots. Meh.

Tried booting with nv_disable=1 bootflag and it seems the system boots normally, but without any graphics, the resolution is horrible.
I did that while my new monitor is connected via HDMI straight to the HDMI port of the GPU.

Hope that helps.

Tried booting with nv_disable=1 bootflag and it seems the system boots normally, but without any graphics, the resolution is horrible.
I did that while my new monitor is connected via HDMI straight to the HDMI port of the GPU.

Hope that helps.
I can't say why without a verbose boot screen. Can you add -debug=0x100 to the boot args to capture that Verbose boot screen you could not upload.

If you Disable Graphics with nv_disable=1, Graphics will be horrible as no Graphics kext gets loaded for Nvidia to show full resolution.

Also let me take another look at the current CLOVER from the Disk. Can you upload the one used for this boot?

Ahhhhhh can't believe it, I SOLVED IT!

cmn699, it seems that the new Clover folder you created for me didn't make much of a difference so I tried going back to the old one I was using!

And what I did was run Clover on a desperate attempt, unclick/unselect the InjectNVIDIA option in the Graphics Panel, restarted, and the boot kicked off just fine!

I'm typing this from my brand new 2k monitor which seems awesome!!
Thank you for your time!!

Ahhhhhh can't believe it, I SOLVED IT!

cmn699, it seems that the new Clover folder you created for me didn't make much of a difference so I tried going back to the old one I was using!

And what I did was run Clover on a desperate attempt, unclick/unselect the InjectNVIDIA option in the Graphics Panel, restarted, and the boot kicked off just fine!

I'm typing this from my brand new 2k monitor which seems awesome!!
Thank you for your time!!
Glad you solved it .
So you did not need any Lilu and Whatever Green for Nvidia GT 640 to display full Resolution?.

Or did you just change the config.plist but used kexts/Other as edited?

Glad you solved it .
So you did not need any Lilu and Whatever Green for Nvidia GT 640 to display full Resolution?.

Or did you just change the config.plist but used kexts/Other as edited?

As I recall, I've installed Lilu & W/E Green through Multibeast about 2 weeks ago in order for me to use the Spacebar/Preview feature, so yea, I already had those.

I just changed my config.plist and totally removed the "InjectNVidia" thingie and my HDMI works just fine, at least when it comes to graphics. I've got no sound, but I don't quite care, I use speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back