Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I've installed Mojave and while testing it for a few days, I discovered that HDMI output doesn't work. When I plug the cable in, the screen flickers one time like normal, but I get no signal and no detection of the HDMI converter/monitor. I've attached two ioregs. One with cable plugged in and one with cable unplugged. HDMI works fine on El Cap, Sierra and HS.

Attachments

• HDMI PR.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 151
Hi. I've installed Mojave and while testing it for a few days, I discovered that HDMI output doesn't work. When I plug the cable in, the screen flickers one time like normal, but I get no signal and no detection of the HDMI converter/monitor. I've attached two ioregs. One with cable plugged in and one with cable unplugged. HDMI works fine on El Cap, Sierra and HS.

You didn't patch the connector-type for HDMI.
Now done with WhateverGreen.kext.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/

You didn't patch the connector-type for HDMI.
Now done with WhateverGreen.kext.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ndy-bridge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/
Followed the guide and now I got connector-type <00 08 00 00> at AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 in ioreg, but once I plug the cable in, it becomes <00 04 00 00> and I still get no signal. I also noticed that AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 also shows as <00 08 00 00> which I guess is wrong. Once I unplugged the HDMI, AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 got stuck at connector-type <00 04 00 00>, as shown in the ioreg I attached.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 81
Followed the guide and now I got connector-type <00 08 00 00> at AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 in ioreg, but once I plug the cable in, it becomes <00 04 00 00> and I still get no signal. I also noticed that AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 also shows as <00 08 00 00> which I guess is wrong. Once I unplugged the HDMI, AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 got stuck at connector-type <00 04 00 00>, as shown in the ioreg I attached.

Use current debug WhateverGreen (build from source), add kernel flag -igfxfbdump to get framebuffer dump before and after patching. Reply with PR files.

Also -cdfon may help, especially if it is a 4k monitor. Also check your monitor settings,... keep in mind macOS doesn't really support HDMI 2.0, AFAIK.

Use current debug WhateverGreen (build from source), add kernel flag -igfxfbdump to get framebuffer dump before and after patching. Reply with PR files.

Also -cdfon may help, especially if it is a 4k monitor. Also check your monitor settings,... keep in mind macOS doesn't really support HDMI 2.0, AFAIK.
The HDMI to CVBS converter I'm using is HDMI 1.3. Where will I find the framebuffer dump?

The HDMI to CVBS converter I'm using is HDMI 1.3. Where will I find the framebuffer dump?

Maybe the converter is your issue.
Use with real HDMI capable monitor instead.

As per WhateverGreen README, the framebuffer dump is in IOService:/IOResources/WhateverGreen.

Why did you neglect to attach PR files?

There you go.

You're using the wrong version of WhateverGreen.
You have 1.2.3, but -igfxfbdump is only available in 1.2.4.
As I mentioned before, you must built it from sources as 1.2.4 is not currently released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back