Contribute
Register

HDMI for XFX HD 5670 1GB DSDT Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcmarques said:
Sorry, man, I know this is a little bit off topic, but how did you install this XFX in Lion (10.7.2)? I'm running my Hackintosh with the Intel 3000 OOB, but I've looked a lot online and wasn't able to find a proper solution to get this card running.

Tks!
At the boot prompt, try GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Tried that, with no luck (GraphicsEnabler=Yes is in chameleon.boot). Installed Lion with the Unibeast method and everything worked (mostly) OOB when I booted with the Intel 3000. With the XFX 5670, on the other hand, I wasn't able to pass the Apple screen (the wheel stopped turning and the system froze). Weird thing is that the card is recognized like this:

ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68d8
Revision ID: 0x0000

But if I change the DVI connector from the onboard Intel to the XFX DVI, the system doesn't boot, too.

Any tips? (and tks Toleda for the answer)

Little post edit: when I change the connectors I also go into the bios and set the XFX as my primary video card.

pcmarques said:
Tried that, with no luck (GraphicsEnabler=Yes is in chameleon.boot). Installed Lion with the Unibeast method and everything worked (mostly) OOB when I booted with the Intel 3000. With the XFX 5670, on the other hand, I wasn't able to pass the Apple screen (the wheel stopped turning and the system froze). Weird thing is that the card is recognized like this:

ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68d8
Revision ID: 0x0000

But if I change the DVI connector from the onboard Intel to the XFX DVI, the system doesn't boot, too.

Any tips? (and tks Toleda for the answer)

Little post edit: when I change the connectors I also go into the bios and set the XFX as my primary video card.

pls upload ur dsdt.aml and ur IOReg in here

Hi cav807c, here are the files (couldn't understand too much... totally noob)

tks for the help

Attachments

• ioreg.rtf
    38.3 KB · Views: 199
  • DSDT.aml
    16.9 KB · Views: 142
pcmarques said:
Hi cav807c, here are the files (couldn't understand too much... totally noob)

tks for the help
pls use the DSDTSE check IOReg and upload again

Sorry, I'm really new to osx. Is this the file you're asking for?

Tks, cav807!

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    390.8 KB · Views: 73
pcmarques said:
Sorry, I'm really new to osx. Is this the file you're asking for?

Tks, cav807!
can't see ... ? did u use DSDTSE IOReg for send the file ?

What I've done: opened DSDTSE and clicked "Get" belo Registry Info. Saved a copy and uploaded it zipped. I'm sending it again with a different name, maybe it works.

tks!

Attachments

• Pedro’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    382 KB · Views: 74
pcmarques said:
What I've done: opened DSDTSE and clicked "Get" belo Registry Info. Saved a copy and uploaded it zipped. I'm sending it again with a different name, maybe it works.

tks!
yes this one i will try to help i will reply u soon

pcmarques said:

tks!

try read at http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947

try this search Device (PEG0) rename Device (PEGP) under Name (_ADR, 0x00010000) add the code DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3.dsl up to the Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back