CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone have Audio working through Display Port on the R9 390X yet. I have tried a number of guides but still cannot get it to work so I am stuck on mono sound through the Line Out to the audio connector on my monitor (right side only for some reason).

It is not a deal breaker but it would be really nice to get stereo audio working over Display Port.

Does anyone have Audio working through Display Port on the R9 390X
No, see Post #1, HDMI Audio AppleHDA
Requirements
2. Graphics
2. AMD HD5xxx/HD6xxx/HD7xxx/R7-R9 2xx/R7-R9 3xx
2. AMD/TrueAudio support
1. Not working: AMD8000Controller.kext​

No, see Post #1, HDMI Audio AppleHDA
Requirements
2. Graphics
2. AMD HD5xxx/HD6xxx/HD7xxx/R7-R9 2xx/R7-R9 3xx
2. AMD/TrueAudio support
1. Not working: AMD8000Controller.kext​
Hi Toleda,

I attempted to follow the guide but to be honest I don't think I did it right. I ran the script, it detected both the Intel and the R9 390X and seemed to install something. I rebooted but it didn't work.

Would it be possible for you to reply with the steps necessary for my specific scenario:

Intel Skylake i7 6700K
GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 mainboard
XFX R9 390X with Clover loading a VBIOS for a reference card

I have never edited any dsdt/ssdt before so if I need to do this then I would need some instructions so I don't screw anything up. Currently my installation uses the standard El Capitan Skylake guide with the exception of the Loaded VBIOS which is explained in my build log in my sig.

It would be really nice to get this working as then I would only have to figure out how to get all my USB ports working (currently most of my USB 3 ports are only working as USB 2 and my USB 3.1 ports don't seem to be working at all - haven't tried the USB-C yet) and sleep.

If there are any files you need me to post to the thread, I would be happy to do so on request.

If it is not possible to get ti working, I could always upgrade the GPU to an NVidia 9xx card - but I would really prefer to get everything working with the R9 390X not just because it will save me some cash but because it will also help others with the same card to get their hackintosh working too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back