Contribute
Register

HDMI doesn't work on Intel Graphics UHD 630!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkcentre m920x
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all! I'm trying to install Catalina. after many lists of code, image disappears. I was warned that need hdmi-displayport adapter, but I can't buy it. A few people wrote in internet that they fixed that problem, but I can repeat it. Please help fix my problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hey all! I'm trying to install Catalina. Before many lists of code, image disappears. I was warned that need hdmi-displayport adapter, but I can't buy it. A few people wrote in internet that they fixed that problem, but I can repeat it. Please help fix my problem.

Hi there.

Are you talking about your Xeon E3-1230 CPU here?

I am not sure the CPU has any iGPU at all.

So no UHD 630.

:think:

Hey all! I'm trying to install Catalina. Before many lists of code, image disappears. I was warned that need hdmi-displayport adapter, but I can't buy it. A few people wrote in internet that they fixed that problem, but I can repeat it. Please help fix my problem.

What hardware are you using? The Xeon E3-1230 v2 doesn't have IGPU.

Which version of Catalina are you trying to install? 10.15.0-10.15.4 or 10.15.5-10.15.6?

Doesn't your monitor have an HDMI port? HDMI -> HDMI on your RX580 should work fine, no need for an adapter.

Hi there.

Are you talking about your Xeon E3-1230 CPU here?

I am not sure the CPU has any iGPU at all.

So no UHD 630.

:think:
No, I have another pc with i5-8400 2.8ghz but it's nettop.

Which version of Catalina are you trying to install? 10.15.0-10.15.4 or 10.15.5-10.15.6?
God, I know. I have another pc.

Doesn't your monitor have an HDMI port? HDMI -> HDMI on your RX580 should work fine, no need for an adapter.
My monitor have HDMI. i5-8400 2.8 ghz with UHD 630. Its okay in Windows, but I need HDMI patch for UHD 630.

Last edited:

Lenovo Thinkcentre m920x with i5-8400 2.8ghz and UHD 630. I'm trying to install 10.15.6.

God, I know. I have another pc.

HDMI should work to some degree without any adaptors. How well it works is another story... For me, HDMI only worked well in macOS when I lower screen resolution and/or refresh rate. I never tried special adaptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back