Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been having some issues trying to get audio devices recognised via the graphics card. Things work fine in Windows.

On my 1070 Ti, there are 5 ports: 3x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI. I have two HDMI cables going to my TV and Vive (VR headset) in another room.

Under Windows, the Vive will only work on the HDMI port, so I got a DP->HDMI adapter for the TV. Audio works fine.

However on Mac OS, there is no audio device shown for the TV through the adapter - only when the HDMI is connected directly.

My desk monitor is DP and has an audio device, and i've tried things in all the different DP ports.

Has anyone had any experience with adapters for HDMI? I've found people complaining about the MiniDP->HDMI adapters not having audio on non-hackintosh macs, is it just an OS limitation? Is it worth trying the DVI port with an adapter?

I've had a very similar issue. been trying to get my GTX 1050 ti HDMI audio working for a couple of month. The methods used were cloverHDMI, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, and HDMIAudio.kext using HDMI-DVI, and HDMI-HDMI cable. But nothing seemed to work. And, just yesterday, decided to give voodooHDA a shot which I had been avoiding because of its known issues. But it just worked. All I had to do was to put the latest version of VoodooHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other and reboot. I was surprised to see all of my sound devices showing up including three HDMI Audio outputs after a reboot. Too bad only one of them seem to work at a time and I can't control the volume level from my Customac. The sound isn't too bad and I can also confirm that HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cable works using voodooHDA method. Hope this helps
275837-c8d107fd4ff424592a5ab52ab8275fc2.jpg

275832-c8d107fd4ff424592a5ab52ab8275fc2.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 1.08.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 1.08.39 AM.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I've had a very similar issue. been trying to get my GTX 1050 ti HDMI audio working for a couple of month. The methods used were cloverHDMI, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, and HDMIAudio.kext using HDMI-DVI, and HDMI-HDMI cable. But nothing seemed to work. And, just yesterday, decided to give voodooHDA a shot which I had been avoiding because of its known issues. But it just worked. All I had to do was to put the latest version of VoodooHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other and reboot. I was surprised to see all of my sound devices showing up including three HDMI Audio outputs after a reboot. Too bad only one of them seem to work at a time and I can't control the volume level from my Customac. The sound isn't too bad and I can also confirm that HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cable works using voodooHDA method. Hope this helps
275837-c8d107fd4ff424592a5ab52ab8275fc2.jpg

275832-c8d107fd4ff424592a5ab52ab8275fc2.jpg

Perfect, this fixed it! And it also fixed the microphone port on the back not working - thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back