Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio working with AppleALC & Catalina, but it removes the MAC PRO Soundcard? - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all those "invalid signature" errors for actual Apple macOS kexts, that's a pointer to note because Apple's own work should not cause those. Maybe you have mixed different macOS versions of Apple's kexts?

With all those "invalid signature" errors for actual Apple macOS kexts, that's a pointer to note because Apple's own work should not cause those. Maybe you have mixed different macOS versions of Apple's kexts?
probably they were "Patched" with that software

probably best to boot into recovery, wipe hard drive and re install the OS that came with the machine, then update to the latest the machine is designed for, at least then the audio would work

also wondering if VoodooHDA would work?

maybe because AppleALC requires a layout id set in a config.plist, which you don't have on a real mac

I guess...? I just Run the patch updater from dosdude1, and it’s this which puts the AppleHDA in that patched state.

however, even after deleting all applealc and Lilu, I have no internal sound card anymore.

seems I’ve also lost that for good.

I’m trying to see if installing applealc+lilu+whatevergreen at least gives me HDMI audio back.

weeird. I thought by having a real applehda Kext and removing the hack in tosh KEXTs would restore the configuration back to normal, or at least so, after running the patch updater from dosdude1 again.

no, I’d say it’s very unlikely to have the KEXTs macos mixed.

I thought by having a real applehda Kext and removing the hack in tosh KEXTs would restore the configuration back to normal.

Yes, it would. As long as it is the correct version of macOS for your Mac and you rebuilt your kext caches.

As for the invalid signature kexts, sorry that can't easily be argued against. It's clear. Could be a date thing.

I guess...? I just Run the patch updater from dosdude1, and it’s this which puts the AppleHDA in that patched state.

however, even after deleting all applealc and Lilu, I have no internal sound card anymore.

seems I’ve also lost that for good.

I’m trying to see if installing applealc+lilu+whatevergreen at least gives me HDMI audio back.

weeird. I thought by having a real applehda Kext and removing the hack in tosh KEXTs would restore the configuration back to normal, or at least so, after running the patch updater from dosdude1 again.
probably because of the unsupported os you are running, they made changes to audio layout's, the whole hackintosh scene had to adapt when this happened

is there a reason you need Catalina?

The main problem I see with the dosdude1 patcher site is that he has no support forums for issues like this where those using the patcher can get help if they need it. http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

Many more people on ****** use this patcher approach and possibly in other communities I'm not aware of. Maybe try Macrumors or other similar online forums. That he can even provide an app to let you install Catalina on a 12 y.o. MP is amazing but if you don't know how it works or how to resolve problems that come up it's not a complete solution.

http://dosdude1.com/catalina/changelog.html I don't see anything in his changelogs about audio issues and Catalina.

Last edited:
The main problem I see with the dosdude1 patcher site is that he has no support forums for issues like this where those using the patcher can get help if they need it. http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

Many more people on ****** use this patcher approach and possibly in other communities I'm not aware of. Maybe try Macrumors or other similar online forums. That he can even provide an app to let you install Catalina on a 12 y.o. MP is amazing but if you don't know how it works or how to resolve problems that come up it's not a complete solution.

http://dosdude1.com/catalina/changelog.html I don't see anything in his changelogs about audio issues and Catalina.

Totally agree. Much better to provide either on-the-fly config.plist patches or kextless kexts which can easily be reverted if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back