Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio working with AppleALC & Catalina, but it removes the MAC PRO Soundcard? - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was with AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext injected in S/L/E

Creating a Chimera of a real Mac and hack kexts to get a non-supported version of macOS running with all hardware is ... ambitious!

You gotta love it though, for enthusiasm if nothing else :p :D ;)

IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3dc19960 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3cfcd000 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3db24c20 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3cd99070 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ca198b0 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac13c60 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac15c60 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AAAMouSSE.kext/", ID = "AAA.LoadEarly.MouSSE" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac11590 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBVideoSupport.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBVideoSupport" }

Invalid signature -67061 for kext <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac15c60 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AAAMouSSE.kext/", ID = "AAA.LoadEarly.MouSSE" }

Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac11590 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBVideoSupport.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBVideoSupport" }

KernelCache ID: 1C696C98AB51CF564FF086410CB8D876

File at path '/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[660] exited with status 77.

Error 107 rebuilding /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
you have patched your AppleHDA.kext which is an Apple system kext

AppleALC only works with a vanilla unpatched AppleHDA.kext

you may need to reinstall to refresh your apple kexts

also you should be installing your 3rd party kexts to /Library/Extensions

Btw, if I have just AppleALC.kext injected without Lilu, the HDMI output did not work either, and left the system without any soundcard available whatsoever. Both kexts have to be installed.

Btw, if I have just AppleALC.kext injected without Lilu, the HDMI output did not work either, and left the system without any soundcard available whatsoever. Both kexts have to be installed.
read my comment above

you have patched your AppleHDA.kext which is an Apple system kext

Ah!

a) how do you know?
b) how do I go about restoring this to factory kext then?
c) what may have patched it? I never asked for that to happen?!

Ah!

a) how do you know?
b) how do I go about restoring this to factory kext then?
c) what may have patched it? I never asked for that to happen?!
a) because your kextcache showed AppleHDA listed, if you had not messed around with it, it would not show :)
b) either restore the backup, but you probably didn't do that? re run the macOS installer, download from appstore
c) whatever you did, you tell me...

AppleALC only works with a vanilla unpatched AppleHDA.kext
Not sure if you caught this earlier but deesto is using the dosdude1 patcher to be able to run Catalina on a 2008 MP. I've never used that patcher so I'm not exactly sure what it's doing to kexts if anything at all.

c) Innocent :D!
obviously not according to your files

maybe be careful with what "patch" programs you use in the future and i think you know what i mean by this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back