Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio working with AppleALC & Catalina, but it removes the MAC PRO Soundcard? - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
something you could try but I have no idea if it will work or not
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
That's on game here - add a fake PCI ID. I've done this on Hackintoshes and it works.

As you said before though, on a real Mac I wouldn't see the advantage but can spot the danger.

What type of ALC chip is AppleALC supporting here? My Macs all have Cirrus Logic audio. :crazy:

It was well worth a shot, but it only enabled the HDMI audio once again, and disabled the internal mac sound card. Sorry...

For clarity, I DID remove AppleALC.kext, prior to installing the FakePCIID kexts

For clarity, I DID remove AppleALC.kext, prior to installing the FakePCIID kexts

Okay. I haven't owned your model Mac Pro but if it's like my Macs it's Cirrus Logic as usual and macOS will cater. The fact audio is not working suggests something else is masking it.

Check with IORegistryExplorer and see what references to audio you can find and where.

:)

Okay. I haven't owned your model Mac Pro but if it's like my Macs it's Cirrus Logic as usual and macOS will cater. The fact audio is not working suggests something else is masking it.

Check with IORegistryExplorer and see what references to audio you can find and where.

:)

In my case the AppleALC.kext or the FakPCIID kexts is what seems to be masking it. I guess either of these 3 drivers make them mask the internal sound card?

It seems to be a matter of having either one or the other, but not both happily living with each other.

Not sure what else it could be, seeing as the mac was upgraded to Catalina from a working Sierra copy with HMDIAudio.kext (which was working as it should).

HDMIAudio.kext has been removed, as obviously it never loads, and it won't in Catalina anyways for being too old. I think this particular kext only worked until High Sierra versions. Developer stopped updating it or supporting any higher versions thereafter (must have "retired" perhaps)

Btw, I am not sure what I could spot which I haven't by using IORegistry? (not very familiar with it)

Last edited:
You should read this article to understand what has changed from Sierra and older versions of macOS to Catalina. This is why most everyone now places their 3rd party hackintosh kexts in the kexts/other folder on the EFI partition and not in /L/E as you are doing. On a "real" Mac you don't have a kexts/other folder to use.

You should read this article to understand what has changed from Sierra and older versions of macOS to Catalina. This is why most everyone now places their 3rd party hackintosh kexts in the kexts/other folder on the EFI partition and not in /L/E as you are doing. On a "real" Mac you don't have a kexts/other folder to use.

Thanks,

SIP disabled, and HDMIAudio.kext not notarised, hence trying to use AppleALC.kext (which i guess is notarised?)

Also using Terminal commands:

sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -rw /
sudo killall Finder

..before being able to copy/delete kexts in either L/E or S/L/E, then using kext utility to refresh cache and repair permissions...

But still none the wiser O : - )!

Thanks,

SIP disabled, and HDMIAudio.kext not notarised, hence trying to use AppleALC.kext (which i guess is notarised?)

sudo mount -rw /
sudo killall Finder

..before being able to copy/delete kexts in either L/E or S/L/E, then using kext utility to refresh cache and repair permissions...

in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

Thanks,

sudo mount -rw /
sudo killall Finder

@trs96 makes a very valid point indeed. With a hackintosh we get around a non-Apple driver by "injecting" the code at boot instead of letting macOS vet it and add it to a cache. How can we inject on a real mac without an EFI/OC or EFI/CLOVER installation?

Creating a Chimera of a real Mac and hack kexts to get a non-supported version of macOS running with all hardware is ... ambitious!

Apologies,

It seems AppleALC.kext DOES need Lilu.kext alongside it to make HDMI work. But not WhateverGreen.kext. Injecting WhateverGreen.kext alongside the other two does nothing.

in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3dc19960 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3cfcd000 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/", ID = "com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3db24c20 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3cd99070 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ca198b0 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac13c60 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBInjector.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBInjector" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac15c60 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AAAMouSSE.kext/", ID = "AAA.LoadEarly.MouSSE" }

Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac11590 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBVideoSupport.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBVideoSupport" }

Invalid signature -67061 for kext <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac15c60 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AAAMouSSE.kext/", ID = "AAA.LoadEarly.MouSSE" }

Invalid signature -67030 for kext <OSKext 0x7f9a3ac11590 [0x7fff857f5cc0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/LegacyUSBVideoSupport.kext/", ID = "com.parrotgeek.LegacyUSBVideoSupport" }

KernelCache ID: 1C696C98AB51CF564FF086410CB8D876

File at path '/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel' changed, cannot be used

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[660] exited with status 77.

Error 107 rebuilding /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back