Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio working with AppleALC & Catalina, but it removes the MAC PRO Soundcard? - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't support those that have used the dosdude1 patcher on real Macs to run unsupported macOS versions. It's probably best that you seek help from that community rather than here.

Fair enough, I was not seeking support, but rather some developing ideas to try to make it work. I mean it is a hackintosh after all... a real mac, though hacked/upgraded.

We can learn something new everyday ;)?
assumed it worked fine before you hacked it to run a later version of macOS that is not supported on your machine?

assumed it worked fine before you hacked it to run a later version of macOS that is not supported on your machine?

My machine does not support running Sierra, or the GTX680, and this was too working before the upgrade to Catalina. it just needs some sort of configuration or driver as the HDMIAudio.kext is way too old to work on Catalina. Otherwise that was the kext to go to for my updated setup on Sierra (also a "forced" setup, but plenty capable otherwise).

But it works with AppleALC.kext - only in that this kext disables the macsound card internal, unless it is deleted.

Also, my newer laptop was stolen on a home burglary, so i need a mac with catalina running and all sound to work until i can replace it or insurance covers it.

I'm really asking here, aren't i ;)?

My machine does not support running Sierra, or the GTX680, and this was too working before the upgrade to Catalina. it just needs some sort of configuration or driver as the HDMIAudio.kext is way too old to work on Catalina. Otherwise that was the kext to go to for my updated setup.

But it works with AppleALC.kext - only in that this kext disables the macsound card internal, unless it is deleted.
something you could try but I have no idea if it will work or not
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

FakePCIID.kext

Would you try either of these AS WELL AS AppleALC.kext? or INTEAD of?

FakePCIID.kext

That's on game here - add a fake PCI ID. I've done this on Hackintoshes and it works.

As you said before though, on a real Mac I wouldn't see the advantage but can spot the danger.

What type of ALC chip is AppleALC supporting here? My Macs all have Cirrus Logic audio. :crazy:

That's on game here - add a fake PCI ID. I've done this on Hackintoshes and it works.

As you said before though, on a real Mac I wouldn't see the advantage but can spot the danger.

What type of ALC chip is AppleALC supporting here? My Macs all have Cirrus Logic audio. :crazy:

Where can this be downloaded? I'm willing to give it a shot ;)!

attached

Attachments

• RehabMan-FakePCIID-2018-1027.zip
    75.1 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back