Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio with volume control

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company that makes Sound Siphon makes SOUND CONTROL. It is only 10$ and adds Volume control to HDMI/DP audio.

It works 100% well and more importantly, the beta version does not have the display sleep issue many competing software have.

So if Sound Siphon is a bit too expensive, Sound control is all you need if you only want volume control. Developper is super responsive as well, so it's great sending a few $ his way.

The company that makes Sound Siphon makes SOUND CONTROL. It is only 10$ and adds Volume control to HDMI/DP audio.

It works 100% well and more importantly, the beta version does not have the display sleep issue many competing software have.

So if Sound Siphon is a bit too expensive, Sound control is all you need if you only want volume control. Developper is super responsive as well, so it's great sending a few $ his way.
is it just me or, i checked the price of the software and its $39

is it just me or, i checked the price of the software and its $39
Sound siphon 39, Sound control 10. Sound control is all you need for HDMI volume.

worked like a charm using this method

- Search and download for: Soundflower-1.6.6b.dmg;
- Install then click customize,tick "install soundflowerbed.app" only;
- Now, download and install Soundflower-2.0b2.dmg;
- Click on sound icon (topbar) and enable: Soundflower (2ch);
- Open Soundflower app and set "HDMI" under "Soundflower (2ch);
- Go to your Login Items then add Soundflowerbed.app on your Users

Enjoy!

Did you get the "Soundflower.app"under Application folder? I cannot find it.

In fact, I have been searching for HDMI audio control, comparing Soundflower vs. Sound Siphon/Control:

Under MacOS High Sierra(10.13.2), I noticed high CPU% for Sound Siphon/Control via the process of coreaudiod (once delete Siphon and direct HDMI output, it is gone). The latest version of Sound Control still use up to 5% CPU( 2 processes), besides the new interface is not concise as old version. While the HDMI volume symbol greys out, Siphon uses its own control panel, even with a news popup! 14 day trial or $10 to buy.

That's the reason I am searching for alternative to e.g. Soundflower, probably with less demanding on resource.

Did you get the "Soundflower.app"under Application folder? I cannot find it.

In fact, I have been searching for HDMI audio control, comparing Soundflower vs. Sound Siphon/Control:

Under MacOS High Sierra(10.13.2), I noticed high CPU% for Sound Siphon/Control via the process of coreaudiod (once delete Siphon and direct HDMI output, it is gone). The latest version of Sound Control still use up to 5% CPU( 2 processes), besides the new interface is not concise as old version. While the HDMI volume symbol greys out, Siphon uses its own control panel, even with a news popup! 14 day trial or $10 to buy.

That's the reason I am searching for alternative to e.g. Soundflower, probably with less demanding on resource.

I am using Soundflower and can tell so far, it also consumes the same amount of CPU resources and prevents sleep as well.
I am going to try Sound Control and hope to have a better "comfort".

I am a little disappointed from Apple that they make some things that complicated without ANY reason. And it seems that there is no clever solution for fixing that exept making a new wiring if possible and avoid HDMI/DP audio :p

Update: Tried Sound Control yesterday and its way better than Sound Flower. No distortions yet and after deepsleep or display sleep it is still working without struggling in menus!

Last edited:
@swiftoholic
Thanks for sharing. But for me, I don't like Siphone's new interface with web ads etc., it needs to be simple and tidy.
I stay with soundflower by now.

But while listening to Spotify or Nightingale, I heard buzzing/dragging noise and music is being overwhelmed. Any ideas?
Someone said hardware acceleration needs to be disabled.

Any ideas? does it related to those virtual bypassing tools?

Last edited:
Didn‘t talk about Syphone. Sound Control.

I experienced with Sound Flower always a distortion noise after a couple of minutes. Thats why I was searching for alternatives. And Sound Control is an alternative. There are no ads till yet. But I am in try out mode. May because of that?

Just be back to report, I have the buzzing noise sound while using soundflower pointing to HDMI, but interesting that I change the buffer of default 512 to 1024, it is gone instantly.

I am in searching where is the default setting configuration, to set default to 1024 and give more observation.

Just be back to report, I have the buzzing noise sound while using soundflower pointing to HDMI, but interesting that I change the buffer of default 512 to 1024, it is gone instantly.

I am in searching where is the default setting configuration, to set default to 1024 and give more observation.

As I mentioned before. Please forget about Sound Flower. Use Sound Control instead. Even after the trail you won‘t be bothered by ads.

https://staticz.com/soundcontrol/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back