ati hd 5850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.

Is there a way to activate the sound of the ati 5850 chip in osx?
I know nvidia cards can get it to work via dsdt edits but it's an ati.
And if so, can my motherboard chip still be used?

Thank you for your answers.

I am also desperate to achieve this. But on 4850. I am watching movies from my computer thru HDMI to PDP tv, so really need this to function. Can anyone spread the light on this topic ? :rolleyes:

Re: HDMI Audio through ATI HD 5850 or any Radeon HD

I am willing to donate if someone can help. I know it is complicated and have to be achieved through dsdt. :eek:

Hi. I suspect it might not work, but feel free to try!!
(Memory Addresses etc are specific for MB/video etc).

I saw a real easy approach, possibly only for nVidia cards. Might be interesting to try that also.

Look at this..http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1131

for the stuff:

Code:
                         Store (Package (0x02)
                                {
                                    "hda-gfx", 
                                    Buffer (0x0A)
                                    {
                                        "onboard-1"
                                    }
                                }, Local0)
                            DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                            Return (Local0)

Good Luck

P.S. I noticed that VoodooHDA was able to see my graphic card's audio codec. So that's a 3rd option.

Thanks guys, this is really interesting, I am going to try to edit DSDT and see if it does anything for me. It is a bit complicated for my knowledge of dsdt things, but...I should try it anyway.

As Voodoo hda goes, I am totally stuck with it, huge amount of builds, compilations and such things. Will it work with onboard 888codec and DSDT from macman ?

I will report any results here.

sollarman said:
Thanks guys, this is really interesting, I am going to try to edit DSDT and see if it does anything for me. It is a bit complicated for my knowledge of dsdt things, but...I should try it anyway.

As Voodoo hda goes, I am totally stuck with it, huge amount of builds, compilations and such things. Will it work with onboard 888codec and DSDT from macman ?

I will report any results here.

Hello,
Any progress on this issue here?

I'd like to see the HDMI carry the audio as well. There are other options, but this would be the simplest. I don't know if a real mac even supports it (audio over HDMI), but I suppose it will eventually show up once Apple gets around to actually releasing the HD5850 in the Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back