CPU
i5 6402p
Graphics
GTX 750ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently purchased a new monitor and it had a pretty neat feature. On top of hdmi audio, it has a headphone pass through so I won’t have to plug in my headphones in the back (cos my front panel audio is not present...long story). I followed the top pinned post from toleda in HDMI Audio category and ran his script. That was just to enable my hdmi audio. After rebooting, I can see my monitor’s name in the list of audio devices (which means hdmi audio is enabled). When I select it and obviously have a greyed our speaker logo now, I tried to play music from iTunes. Well, nothing came out of the speakers. To be correct, no sound came from the speakers. To check if this issue was with the monitor or not, I plugged it into my MacBook Pro and, voila...the audio works (surprise!!).

Is there any way I can fix this.

P.S. I even tried using HDMI audio enabler kext (or something along those lines) and the result is same, hdmi gets detected but no audio.

If any files are required, I will be more than glad to provide cos this issue is driving my nuts.

P.P.S. I am on macOS 10.13 and I didn’t have the opportunity to check if HDMI audio worked on Sierra or not cos I didn’t have an hdmi audio supporting monitor at that time. And no, I can’t downgrade just to check that :p.

See HDMI Audio AppleHDA/Post #1/Problem Reporting; post to thread linked with requested files attached.

I checked out out the GitHub page for the cloverHDMI script and found this written there (Screenshot attached).

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 1.25.45 PM.png

Does this mean that HDMI audio won't work no matter how much effort I put into it?

I couldn't provide those files which you requested cos I am on vaca...I came across this so though I would clear my doubt.

Last edited:
See HDMI Audio AppleHDA/Post #1/Problem Reporting; post to thread linked with requested files attached.

I come bearing good news...Turns out I had TeamViewer running on my hackintosh...phew!

I collected all the files I could.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.33.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 2.34.48 PM.png

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Attachments

• Anup’s iMac.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 161
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
  • bootlogDPCI.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 190
  • config.plist
    20.6 KB · Views: 268
  • SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 152
HDMI audio is working.
One of three installed methods is working.
ssdt is not working, only supported method

Can you tell me about the SSDT part?

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.08.13 PM.png

I read this in your guide pdf. In my mackintosh, the value is "onboard=1". Is that what is the issue here?
If yes, then how can I have a permanent fix for it?

And one more thing...do I have to uncheck all the fixes in the DSDT Fixes Section in Clover Configurator?
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.23.41 PM.png

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
No. IOReg is post #6 is different than Post #4. Post #6 uses a 4th method.

Check only the fixes you need; unlikely, any are needed.

Now what should I do? I mean I hope there is a proper solution to my problems :p

Install one HDMI audio method.

In your experience, can you point me to a specific method...One that you believe will more likely work out well for me cos I am honestly clueless :D

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back