Graphics
Nvidia GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently upgraded my graphics card to the Gigabyte GTX 460 and while my graphics are working very well i cannot seem to get HDMI Audio working. In fact i cannot get onboard audio working either although i know this is possible. I think it has something to do with my DSDT but i am not sure what. What course of action should i take to get HDMI Audio working?

Padraig said:
In fact i cannot get onboard audio working either although i know this is possible. I think it has something to do with my DSDT but i am not sure what. What course of action should i take to get HDMI Audio working?
HDMI audio requires on board audio to be working. First step is get on board audio working. MultiBeast audio does not support HDMI audio. What audio codec is on your motherboard?

Same problem for me, our codec: VIA® VT1828S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

P7P55D

Thanks

Padraig said:
I recently upgraded my graphics card to the Gigabyte GTX 460 and while my graphics are working very well i cannot seem to get HDMI Audio working. In fact i cannot get onboard audio working either although i know this is possible. I think it has something to do with my DSDT but i am not sure what. What course of action should i take to get HDMI Audio working?

Hey dude, download this kext file, replace and restart! It words fine for me! Without sound crackles.

http://www.osx86.net/view/2219-via®_vt1828s_voodoohda_mod.html

If you want to use your HDMI audio from graphics card, just duplicate the IOKitPersonalities.

Example:

Code:
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
	<key>SoundCard</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>VoodooHDADevice</string>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x284b8086</string>   -- place here deviceID of your sound card (Chipset HDA device, not a codecID!)
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>IOUserClientClass</key>
		<string>VoodooHDAUserClient</string>
		<key>NodesToPatch</key>
		<array/>
		<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
	</dict>
	<key>HDMI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x033f1002</string>   -- place here deviceID of your HDMI device on video card
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>IOUserClientClass</key>
		<string>VoodooHDAUserClient</string>
		<key>NodesToPatch</key>
		<array/>
		<key>VoodooHDAVerboseLevel</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
	</dict>
</dict>

How to find device and vendor ID
http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=63

cya

Had a similar problem:
Asus P7P55D-E Evo Motherboard, onboard-soundcard VT1828S, no HDMI-sound with a AMD HD5850 graphic card. In Windows XP everything worked fine.

After endless hours I worked out this solution:
- HD5850 has no SPDIF-in, had to substitute my graphic card, now it is a MSI-GT9400-512 MB
- connected rear-panel SPDIF-out (orange coloured, see Motherboard manual) with MSI-SPDIF-in-port, for that I had to solder a cable (Cinch to 2-pin-internal)
- downloaded http://www.osx86.net/view/432-voodoohda ... powercable).html
- installed the kext with kext-utility and took SPDIF-out (Black rear) as sound resource
- connected HDMI-cable to my samsung panel T27A300
- enjoy yourself !

Hope it helps someone, like this board helped me so much !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back