Contribute
Register

HDMI audio on NVIDIA ION? Has this ever been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, HDAU was native in the DSDT although it was originally name HDAC. I had renamed it around as I tried different hacks, not knowing whether or not the name of the device was important.

Anyway, adding your suggested HDEF (while also commenting out my own/native) caused it to not show up in IOReg at all. So I changed the _ADR back to my native (so from "Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)" to "Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)") and here it is. IOReg attached.

[edit] Still no sound I/O.

Attachments

• ionitxge.zip
    350.8 KB · Views: 77
aforty said:
Yes, HDAU was native in the DSDT although it was originally name HDAC. I had renamed it around as I tried different hacks, not knowing whether or not the name of the device was important.

Anyway, adding your suggested HDEF (while also commenting out my own/native) caused it to not show up in IOReg at all. So I changed the _ADR back to my native (so from "Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)" to "Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)") and here it is. IOReg attached.

[edit] Still no sound I/O.
Progress. Did you add layout662.xml and platforms.xml to S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext?

Yes, I added layout6622.xml and platforms.xml. There were 3 options for a layout file (662.xml, 6621.xml and 6622.xml). The last has a mention in it of HDMI so I chose that one.

[edit] Getting sound assertion failed. Wondering if my binary modification should have been altered for my hardware somehow?

Code:
Feb 19 20:01:06 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1018 goto Exit
Feb 19 20:01:06 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!me->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 993 goto Exit
Feb 19 20:01:09 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1018 goto Exit
Feb 19 20:01:09 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!me->fKextResourceLoaded" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 993 goto Exit

aforty said:
Yes, I added layout6622.xml and platforms.xml. There were 3 options for a layout file (662.xml, 6621.xml and 6622.xml). The last has a mention in it of HDMI so I chose that one.
Use layout662.xml. Use HexEdit (or any hex editor)
HexEdit/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA binary
Find: 62 06 ec 10, Find Next, Find Next, Find next

Should be 4 instances of the device id. Reply with a copy of IOReg.

Alright, here we go.Internal Speakers and Digital Out now appear in Output list. Confirmed the Hex appears 4 times in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOs/AppleHDA. IOReg attached.

[edit] Still see this at startup:
Code:
Feb 19 21:41:58 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == codecFound" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1449 goto handler
Feb 19 21:41:58 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2037 goto Exit
Feb 19 21:41:58 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit
Feb 19 21:41:58 Hackintosh kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

Attachments

• ionitxge.zip
    394.9 KB · Views: 79
aforty said:
Alright, here we go.Internal Speakers and Digital Out now appear in Output list. Confirmed the Hex appears 4 times in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOs/AppleHDA. IOReg attached.
This is huge. Do outputs work? It looks like you have Internal Mic and Line In for inputs; yes? Understand there is a long way still to go for HDMI audio. Regarding the sound assertions, post VCH888 with the messages.

So the Internal Speakers map to my headphone jack in the back and appears to be working. Digital out doesn't seem to do anything but I'm not sure how I could test that. The Internal Microphone maps to my input jack on the back and appears to be working.

To be fair, I've gotten this far before with the package of HDA Enabler and ALC662 kext's.

Sorry, what's VCH888?

aforty said:
So the Internal Speakers map to my headphone jack in the back and appears to be working. Digital out doesn't seem to do anything but I'm not sure how I could test that. The Internal Microphone maps to my input jack on the back and appears to be working.

To be fair, I've gotten this far before with the package of HDA Enabler and ALC662 kext's.

Sorry, what's VCH888?
He's the author of the post you downloaded the 662 Lion AppleHDA.kext from. Apologize for wasting your time.

Oh post to that thread and see if he can help me? Sure I will. Why are you apologizing? I appreciate the help.

I was thinking... In layout6622.xml there is the second device that carries the HDMI output but the device ID doesn't exactly match mine. I tried changing it in the XML to match mine but that makes neither device initialize. But I think this is really close...

Thanks a bunch for your help! :headbang:

Any updates? Im using a Girada micro pc on an ATOM 330 dual core 1.6 and Nvidia ION.

Trying to make my own Mac Mini for $159 bucks. :)

Lion up and running, working on hdmi, sound and full res. video.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back