Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have a Dell XPS 8300, with Hackintosh up and running perfectly, with the exception of HDMI audio. I tried following the three part guide in this board to get it set up, but when I search my DSDT for PEGP, nothing comes up. the GFX0 one does come up though. The guide says to seek assistance if this happens. I have HDMI audio running just fine on the Windows side of things, so I know it is possible, I just can't seem to figure it out on the OSX side. Has anyone here had any experience with this?

Jessesmithca said:
So I have a Dell XPS 8300, with Hackintosh up and running perfectly, with the exception of HDMI audio. I tried following the three part guide in this board to get it set up, but when I search my DSDT for PEGP, nothing comes up. the GFX0 one does come up though. The guide says to seek assistance if this happens. I have HDMI audio running just fine on the Windows side of things, so I know it is possible, I just can't seem to figure it out on the OSX side. Has anyone here had any experience with this?
Rename GFX0 to IDPU. You didn't find PEGP which means you have to add it as described in the guide.

Alright. I don't get it. But I'm not going to push it any further, as I don't think I even grasp what I am doing. I don't think I'm doing it right, and I don't want to mess anything up. My build did not come with a custom DSDT, so I don't think I can enable HDMI audio on this computer without extensive knowledge of a concept I do not grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back