Graphics
evga geforce GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey there everyone i finally found the right frame buffer to use with my sapphire radeon HD 6850 in lion and got my hdmi out working the only thing left is to get audio pass through on the hdmi i use a gigabyte p67x-ud3-b3 with F4 bios is it possible the motherboard doesnt support it ? :crazy: <---thats me trying to figure it out any help would be appriciated

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 5.48.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 5.48.21 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,921
conradportelli said:
hey there everyone i finally found the right frame buffer to use with my sapphire radeon HD 6850 in lion and got my hdmi out working the only thing left is to get audio pass through on the hdmi i use a gigabyte p67x-ud3-b3 with F4 bios is it possible the motherboard doesnt support it ? :crazy: <---thats me trying to figure it out any help would be appriciated

Next step, HDMI Audio DSDT Edits, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22030

lol i tried that but im totally lost when it comes to binary editing and even tho i figured out my framebffer(lotus) im completely lost man and also my apple hda is not 1.9.9 and when i change applehda.kext to a diff version then i lose sound ...im so lost ... if u can tell me wut u need from me i can send u copies of my files and u can tell me wuts up ?

ok so this is what im gettin when i look in io reg i can see applehda controller binded to HDEF but it is not binded to HDAU im guessing the binary edit i need to make binds applehdacontroller to hdau my device id is 88aa in the directions i am unclear if im suppose to change it or leave it can sumone please run me through this ???

WOW I FKN DID IT!! what a pain in the ass that was i didnt even realize the applehda kext i had had nothing bound to my onboard audio but i got it and heres the pic to prove it :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 3.38.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 3.38.13 AM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,873
conradportelli said:
WOW I FKN DID IT!! what a pain in the ass that was i didnt even realize the applehda kext i had had nothing bound to my onboard audio but i got it and heres the pic to prove it :)

Congratulations. I knew you could do it.

if any one needs assistance ill do my best to help them

conradportelli said:
if any one needs assistance ill do my best to help them

did you end up rolling back to AppleHDA 1.9.9?

no wut i did was download a random alc 889 patched applehda.kext file version 2.0.5(ive included it ) and binary patched it to match my hdmi device id after i got that attached in IO REG restarted then i installed the alc8xx patch AND NOT THE ROLL BACK from multibeast( thx tony ) and all was good after that..im also including my dsdt just incase anyone needs it ..its modified to use lotus framebuffer on radeon hd 6850 (sapphire)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 209
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 279
oh and by the way the appelehda.kext i attached is just patched for alc889 no binary patch for hdmi !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back