i7-8700K
Graphics
5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys I have been pretty successful with my fresh install of OSX El Capitan! But I haven't been able to work the HDMI Audio SSDT's or kexts I have found online. I can post config.plist (BTW I am using clover) I am connected to a HDMI monitor with speakers built in. I also have the Nvidia Web Drivers working properly, however the OS X Default Graphics Drivers keep kicking in after reboots (even though they work without a hitch). I have tried the SSDT's provided in several different guides I saw online, and tried HDMIAudio 1.1 kext. Neither even showed up with audio options. :roll2: The SSDT's don't even seem to be loading at all it seems. I have DropOem on, and I have the SSDT dropped in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml. I tried 2 SSDT's but I felt like neither even loaded at all. :beachball: I would appreciate any help you can provide me with!! :thumbup:

Geforce GTX 970 (Reference)
ALC898 Audio
Maximus V Extreme
i7-3770k

I also have the Nvidia Web Drivers working properly, however the OS X Default Graphics Drivers keep kicking in after reboots (even though they work without a hitch).

i got a similar problem and I was very tricky in ! During 4 hours, it was rebooting on the bad graphics drivers or breaking simply the boot - So I had to constantly reinstalled my org.chameleon.Boot.plist - So I realized the Nvidia driver was overwriting this file rather updating correctely it !

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1</string>

I had nvda_drv OK but all the keys were gone !
So I was tired with this and I opened the permissions to 777 to the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist
IT WORKS INSTANTLY !

But its « dirty » - I don't like to turn booting files to 777 and opening a potential gate. Need to think about it..... However I've not yet solve the HDMI / sound a

Never thought I'd find someone else trying a Maximus V Extreme, are you still having problems @ihatemac ?

Did you get proper power management working ?

Sorry for replying so late, I got rid of my GTX 970 and am trying to upgrade to GTX 1080 I will update you on my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back