1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I successfully installed High Sierra on a NUC DC3217IYE mostly working after installation but now I'm stuck at getting the HDMI Audio to work. I am wondering if someone can point me to the right direction. I searched and tried some of the possible solution without any luck at getting it fixed.

cheers

See AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/1. cloverHDMI
Hi Toleda,
just came across this post - but with all due respect - this guide drives me nuts. Over the course of three days I learned to love and hate hackintool, clover configurator and plistedit. But I simply can't figure it out how to get HDMI sound working. I am so amazed by Mojave because now both HDMI ports work with monitors which makes an amazingly sleek miniature setup. But the details in the guide give me the creeps. Do we need Mac mini 6,2 or 6,1? If so - what information do we need to pack into our plist? As soon as I leave the multibeast version and fiddle with the platform as recommended in the guide, I lose graphics resolution and HDMI audio is still not working. A helping hand would be awesome! Thank you so much guys!

Answering to my own HDMI audio quest and copied my text from the T.V. Box thread:
restarted from scratch:
multibeast steps still okay - taking it from there:
-Changed RTVariables using plistedit pro: BooterConfig 0x28 (was the same) AND: CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (this was different (0x03)
-I removed mulitbeast setting Inject Intel YES to NO - reboot
-in return I lost the nice resolution and second monitor BUT:
-injected lilu and whatevergreen kexts using hackintool (tools symbol and the second to last kext symbol on the right) - reboot
- et voilà: resolution and second monitor back!
- desperately tried both HD-4000 IGPU = 0x01620006 or 0x01620007 with hackintool in the dropdown menu because I was thinking that the NUC should be run headless (got the headless symbol in hackintool as per guide but both caused crashes on boot and caused reboot loops (have to figure out whether the AppleHDA setting in clover might be messing with it)
- in return I can't confirm that the indexes/bus ids/pipes are set properly because the headless settings don't let me boot to macos
-installed AppleHDA kext via hackintool - reboot - sound symbol in the upper left hand corner appears - but there is no sound. So I believe I'm almost there!!!
Isn't there anybody out there to join me in this awesome quest for hdmi audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back