Contribute
Register

HDMI audio iGPU OpenCore (Easy) Solution

I experienced similar issues on my system. I only use the 630. Installed 11.2.3 with OC. Got fine 4k at 60Hz via Hdmi, but sadly no sound.

Am fighting this issue for about one week, even bought a new Hdmi cable, but all the time my display doesn't show up for sound output.

I used a usb-c to hdmi cable of my MacBook, same, perfect picture, but no sound.

But yesterday, as I wanted to give up ...and I really can't explain why I did so, I connected the hdmi cable to an old 24´´screen while the usb-c adapter was still connected to my TV and boom, both displays popped up in the sound app for output ...and played sound.

I even realized, that Hackintool suddenly was showing a new sound device under sound. Below my alc1220 an "Intel Kabylake HDMI" popped up.

I tried to remove one display cable and still sound and new device was useable ...till next reboot.

Does anyone has a clue how to fix this issue?

I badly would appreciate a hint :)

I experienced similar issues on my system. I onlyse the 630. Installed 11.2.3 with OC. Got fine 4k at 60Hz via Hdmi, but sadly no sound.

Am fighting this issue for about one week, even bought a new Hdmi cable, but all the time my display doesn't show up for sound output.

I used a usb-c to hdmi cable of my MacBook, same, perfect picture, but no sound.

But yesterday, as I wanted to give up ...and I really can't explain why I did so, I connected the hdmi cable to an old 24´´screen while the usb-c adapter was still connected to my TV and boom, both displays popped up in the sound app for output ...and played sound.

I even realized, that Hackintool suddenly was showing a new sound device under sound. Below my alc1220 an "Intel Kabylake HDMI" popped up.

I tried to remove one display cable and still sound and new device was useable ...till next reboot.

Does anyone has a clue how to fix this issue?

I badly would appreciate a hint :)
hope it is not banned to link to other forums but we are dealing with this same issue in this thread here. https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/345756-no-hdmi-dp-audio-devices-on-uhd-630/
ive installed voodoohda and I still don't have hdmi sound on boot. previously yes it only worked with both dp and hdmi plugged in

hope it is not banned to link to other forums but we are dealing with this same issue in this thread here. https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/345756-no-hdmi-dp-audio-devices-on-uhd-630/
ive installed voodoohda and I still don't have hdmi sound on boot. previously yes it only worked with both dp and hdmi plugged in
Thank god and thank you for your feedback.

I already asked for help in two German forum, but didn't received an answer, so I start doubting on myself. I suppose, most of the people have a dGPU installed, so don't get aware of this problem, since it only seems to occur using the iGPU only.

But since I (you and others) can reproduce this problem and with two monitors connected, Intel Kabylake HDMI pops up as sound device, I suppose, its just only one switch, I am too blind to find.

Thank god and thank you for your feedback.

I already asked for help in two German forum, but didn't received an answer, so I start doubting on myself. I suppose, most of the people have a dGPU installed, so don't get aware of this problem, since it only seems to occur using the iGPU only.

But since I (you and others) can reproduce this problem and with two monitors connected, Intel Kabylake HDMI pops up as sound device, I suppose, its just only one switch, I am too blind to find.
Isn't it an odd kind of solace when others are encountering the same problem lol

Yes I think eventually most move towards dGPU, yet what if one just wants a budget hackintosh for HTPC purpose or whatever lol. I'm thinking of making a new one with iGPU as well, but I think I'll be using a USB Audio Interface.

Anyway yes, it's really odd and I can't pin down the reason. One switch is a good thought but if you have HDMI plugged in then plug in DP, they both show up, and if you have DP plugged in then plug in HDMI, they both show up. Maybe the adding of the display/ new connector triggers the switch / hda-gfx code to register both as audio devices?

@TripleYoThreat I have the same problem. I wasn't aware of it until my dGPU died and now I've been forced to use the iGPU for the foreseeable future. My monitor populates on the Audio Devices Output list after I plug it in via both DisplayPort and HDMI. Only one or the other produces no audio.

Same result if I run absolutely nothing but framebuffer + device-id or the full Hackintool patch listed at the beginning of this guide. Totally weird.

i9-10900K + ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

Heho,

I suffer the same issue: Audio via HDMI was OOB only possible, if two displays had been connected or one screen with two physical connections.

But I followed flickas way in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fter-unplug-plug-dp-cable.310616/post-2243397
and it works for me. Now I have HDMI audio, the Intel Kabylake HDMI and AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver loaded with only one HDMI cable connected...and some rare glitches/zaps.

Heho,

I suffer the same issue: Audio via HDMI was OOB only possible, if two displays had been connected or one screen with two physical connections.

But I followed flickas way in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fter-unplug-plug-dp-cable.310616/post-2243397
and it works for me. Now I have HDMI audio, the Intel Kabylake HDMI and AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver loaded with only one HDMI cable connected...and some rare glitches/zaps.
Wow thank you! Exactly the savior we needed!

I recently built a new Hack rig with Asus z490i gaming MB and i7-10700 by using OpenCore boot loader. I use Intel's built-in GPU as the sole display driver and I don't have a dedicated video card. I use a Samsung 27 inch TV as my monitor and connect my rig to it with an HDMI cable. The installation with OpenCore went fairly smooth. However, the audio via HDMI didn't work. I spent several days reading hack sites and hoped to find an easy (non-tech) solution, in vain. Not wanting to give up, I kept testing and finally figured out an easy solution to get HDMI audio work. After I got my z490i gaming rig HDMI audio work, I converted my z370N/i5-8400 from Clover to OpenCore. Using the same simple solution, HDMI audio on my z370N/i5-8400 also worked. My z490i gaming/i7-10700 is running on Big Sur 11.1 and my z370N/i5-8400 is running on Catalina 10.15.7 (19H114). I'd like to share my HDMI audio solution so that others in a similar situation can quickly get their iGPU HDMI audio work. Below are the steps I took to get iGPU's HDMI audio work:

1. Find the device ID for your iGPU on Intel website (https://ark.intel.com). For example, for my i7-10700, its iGPU graphics device id is 0x9BC5. For my i5-8400, its iGPU graphics device id is 0x3E92. Note: In OpenCore lingo, device id is expressed in hex. In my case, my i7-10700's iGPU device id in OpenCore config.list is C59B0000, and my i5-8400's iGPU device id is 923E0000 in OpenCore config.plist.

2. Use Headkaze's Hackintool (https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool) to generate the audio and video definitions of DeviceProperties by specifying device-ID (e.g., i7-10700 device id =0x9BC5). In my case, below are audio and video definitions for my z490i gaming MB automatically generated by Hackintool:

View attachment 502551

View attachment 502552

3. Copy and paste the above DeviceProperties definitions generated by Hackintool into OpenCore config.plist. My iGPU HDMI audio now works. Your device properties will be different from mine, depending on the model of your motherboard. However, the concept and method will be the same to get your HMDI audio work.
Hi, maybe you can help me, I'm with exactly the same problem (HDMI Audio not work) and I can't find the solution, I have exactly the same processor as you, I7-10700 (Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X motherboard), but, on one hand, the device ID that does my Hack works is not the same as yours, mine is 9B3E0000, and on the other hand, Hackintool does not give me the option of Comet lake processor, I understand that Coffee Lake would be the same but ... I cannot generate the patch correctly, I leave a photo of the device properties like this now, I can see that some things are missing, so far all the data that I generate with Hackintool makes the Hackintosh not boot.

Sorry for the English, I use google translator XD

As you see, my id plataform is 07009B3E, and his device id is 9B3E0000

Captura de Pantalla 2021-06-17 a la(s) 11.46.10.png

Here there is no option for Comet Lake

Captura de Pantalla 2021-06-17 a la(s) 11.47.49.png

If I select the ID Plataform 0x3e9b0007 it saids that is for a Macmini8,1, my Hack is an IMac 20,1.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-06-17 a la(s) 11.52.46.png

Then, here, if I select the 0x9BC5 for the video, gives me this ???

Captura de Pantalla 2021-06-17 a la(s) 11.57.05.png

Im think Im close but, I need some help here.

Please, if you need more data let me know!

Thanks for advance!

Solution for igpu HDMI Audio was posted here

And here

Back