Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio for Z87X-UD7 TH + 4770K + NVIDIA GPU + Clover (OS 10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
Can somebody tell me which installation guide to follow in order to enable hdmi audio support on my Mavericks 10.9.3 system with either the clover configurator or the clover installer? Wanted to use Multibeast at first to resolve this issue, but then I'd have to use the chimera boot loader etc. and I want to stay with the clover boot loader.

Here's my system

MB: Gigabyte Z87X-UD7 TH
CPU: Intel i7 4770K
GPU: Evga GTX 780 Ti

On a different note: Is it normal that the startup takes longer if I have a Thunderbolt Audio Card running during startup or is this some sort of red flag? If I turn off the audio card before start up, the booting process takes much less time...

See 2, Clover HDMI audio (dsdt/ssdt/Clover , Post #1, Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA
Thunderbolt, off topic.

I looked up your post and I've downloaded the audio_cloverALC folder. In the readme.txt file there are following instructions:
Code:
Clover Patched AppleHDA - Installation
  1. [URL]https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC[/URL]
    1. Select Download ZIP
  2. Clover/config.plist (Use Clover Configurator, Xcode, Property List Editor, etc.)
    1. Open Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/config-audio_cloverALC.plist
       1. Double click to open zip
    2. EFI/Clover/config.plist/Add
       1. Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout (1, 2 or 3)  
       2. KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml
       3. KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA/RealtekALCxxx
       4. Save
  3. Install realtekALC.kext
    1. Copy Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/realtekALC.kext to:
       1. EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext
       2. EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/realtekALC.kext
  4. Install codec layouts and Platforms (Terminal output below)
    1. Downloads/audio_ALCxxx-master/cloverALC/audio_cloverALCxxx-90_patch.command
       1. audio_ALCxxx implies specific codec, i.e., ALC898
       2. If no, Downloads/audio_ALCxxx-master, see Codec/ALC links above
    2. Double click audio_cloverALCxxxx-90_patch.command 
       1. Verify audio_cloverALCxxxx..., not audio_alcxxx...
       1. Do not move folder or file
    3. Enter password at prompt
  5. Restart
  6. Verify ALC onboard audio
    1. System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device

So far I'm on step 2. I have unzipped the config-audio_cloverALC.plist file and now I've opened the config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder with the clover configurator. But what does this mean:

I clicked on devices and all I see there is the Audio window, a 1 in the drop down menu and inject under it. The rest of the Devices tab is empty or 0x0..........

So far I'm on step 2. I have unzipped the config-audio_cloverALC.plist file and now I've opened the config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder with the clover configurator. But what does this mean:

I clicked on devices and all I see there is the Audio window, a 1 in the drop down menu and inject under it. The rest of the Devices tab is empty or 0x0..........
What tool are you using to open config-audio_cloverALC.plist? Copy the property from config-audio_cloverALC.plist to the same property in Clover Configurator.

The README defines Audio IDs 1, 2 and 3, select one.
The README defines audio codecs, select the codec installed on your motherboard.

What tool are you using open config-audio_cloverALC.plist? Copy the property from config-audio_cloverALC.plist to the same property in Clover Configurator.

The README defines Audio IDs 1, 2 and 3, select one.
The README defines audio codecs, select the codec installed on your motherboard.

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it!

I'm beyond confused now... it's my first time dealing with the clover configurator and plist files in general, so i'm sorry if my questions appear or maybe are dumb.

Here's what I did in full detail:

I have two folder in front of me. The audio_CloverALC-master folder and the CLOVER folder from the EFI partition. I'm using the clover configurator 3.2 to open the plist documents.

I know from the readme that I need to download the audio_ALC898 folder from github and that I can choose any Layout ID support (898 is supported under 1,2 and 3).

Then I've opened the config-audio_cloverALC.plist in clover configurator 3.2. I went to the Devices tab and there I can't see anything at all. It's empty. I'm not sure what I should do on the devices tab exactly. I can see the Audio windows with the 1 in it and inject underneath it, but the properties are empty and the add properties window is empty, too.

The Kernel and Kext Patches tab, however, shows all the different AppleHDA files. I guess I have to choose the xml>zml and the ALC898 files. And after I've chosen the 2 Kext files and added the whatever I need to add under the devices tab I have to save this plist.

And what do I do then? So far, it was only editing of the config-audio_cloverALC.plist and not the config.plist from the Clover folder?

Sorry... I'm just too confused...

I have two folder in front of me. The audio_CloverALC-master folder and the CLOVER folder from the EFI partition. I'm using the clover configurator 3.2 to open the plist documents.
Clover Configurator supports one window and you need two; one window is source (config-audio_cloverALC.plist) and the second is destination (Clover Configurator/EFI/Clover/config.plist). When you have two windows; copy from source, paste to destination. Easy.

Second request:
What tool are you using to open config-audio_cloverALC.plist?

Clover Configurator supports one window and you need two; one window as source (config-audio_cloverALC.plist) and the second as destination (Clover Configurator/EFI/Clover/config.plist). When you have two windows; copy from source, paste to destination. Easy.

Second request:
What tool are you using to open config-audio_cloverALC.plist?

I can open both plist files with different versions of clover configurator (one is the beta 4.x and the other is 3.x). Here's a screenshot:

DCWLGei.png

I can copy-paste the entries from the lower windows to the upper, and then the Kernel & Kext part of the installation is done?

I still don't get what I have to do here:

yzpVabT.png

There's simply no information there and I don't know how to add and what to add there in a correct manner. I can see the Audio 1 Inject stuff, but that doesn't do anything....

Anyway, thanks for helping me so far!

There's simply no information there and I don't know how to add and what to add there in a correct manner.
What part of this procedure do you not understand?
"one window is source (config-audio_cloverALC.plist)
second is destination (Clover Configurator/EFI/Clover/config.plist).

copy from source, paste to destination"

What part of this procedure do you not understand?
"one window is source (config-audio_cloverALC.plist)
second is destination (Clover Configurator/EFI/Clover/config.plist).

copy from source, paste to destination"

I've copied the kernel & kext part:

AppleHDA 786D6C2E7A6C 7A6D6C2E7A6C 10.9/AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml

AppleHDA 8B19D411 9908EC10 10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC898

to the config.plist in the Clover folder.

But the part I don't understand is what I have to do in the Devices tab? It's empty.

What does this exactly mean: 1. Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout (1, 2 or 3)

I know that I can choose any Layout, 1, 2 or 3 as alc898 is supported by all three, but what do I do in this devices tab exactly? All i see are empty fields in both plist files (the config-audio_cloverALC.plist and config.plist). There is nothing in either devices tab that I can copy and paste into the other.

I know that I can choose any Layout, 1, 2 or 3 as alc898 is supported by all three, but what do I do in this devices tab exactly?
Your choice, set it 1 or paste 1 in. When you get to HDMI audio, it will be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back