Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio for Z87X-UD7 TH + 4770K + NVIDIA GPU + Clover (OS 10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your motherboard has PCI bridges, disables HDMI audio. ssdt does not support a bridge and cannot be used. Additional dsdt edits are required; add 8 lines of code to the dsdt, see GA-Z87X-UD7 TH - HDMI Audio woes - Page 2.

I tried to patch it via MaciASL. I've inserted this code:

Code:
Device (PEGP)
           {
                         Name (_ADR, Zero) 
                         Device (PLX0)
                         {
                                Name (_ADR, 0x00100000)
           **original code follows*
                           }
            }
I also changed PEGP to PEG0. Then I compiled it and this error came up, along with 5 warnings:

Line 12511 / Code 4064 : Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.GFX0)

What should I do now?

What should I do now?
Two issues:
1. why would it work when you add 6 of the 8 required lines of code, add the closing brackets as noted.
2. do not expect a reply if the files you are asking about are not attached.

Two issues:
1. why would it work when you add 6 of the 8 required lines of code, add the closing brackets as noted.
2. do not expect a reply if the files you are asking about are not attached.

The dsdt.aml I'm working on was included in my previous post. I couldn't save the 8 lines of code because there was an error after the compiler ran its course.

Here is the dsdt.aml without the additional code: View attachment dsdt.aml

And here's a screenshot of what the edited dsdt.aml in MaciASL looks like with the error codes and the added 8 lines:

Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 02.06.59.pngScreen Shot 2014-06-12 at 02.07.31.png

I looked up your suggested post with the 8 lines of code in it. As far as I can see, I've added the 2 brackets at the end. The **original code follows** line should substitute the original dsdt.aml code, everything else was added by me, including the two end brackets. To illustrate it in your example:

Code:
**                Device (PEGP)
**                {
**                    Name (_ADR, Zero) 
**                    Device (PLX0)
**                    {
**                        Name (_ADR, 0x00100000) 
                       **original code follows**
**                    }
**                }
            }

Again, I can't save the dsdt file. There's a compiler error. I've added 8 lines of code in total. The 2 brackets at the end were not omitted.

I can't save the dsdt file. There's a compiler error.
To help you, the dsdt is the only document I need. Everything else is simply not helpful. To save a dsdt that does not compile, MaciASL/Save As..., File Format: Disassembled ASL File.

because the forum's file type limit was exceeded
The only problem seems to be that one compiling error...
To attach any file, Finder/File/Compress.., attach .zip

edit dsdt:
Find
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.GFX0, 0x02)
Replace (1x)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.PLX0.GFX0, 0x02)

To attach any file, Finder/File/Compress.., attach .zip

edit dsdt:
Find
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEGP.GFX0, 0x02)
Replace (1x)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.PLX0.GFX0, 0x02)

Oh my god.... it's finally done! Thank you so much for helping me out, toleda! It was a long way, but it's a rewarding feeling once the audio works the way you want it to!

But I got to admit, you coder guys are hardcore... I couldn't do all that driver, dsdt programming etc. stuff in a million years! Are you a an electrical engineer? computer scientist? Please don't tell me that it's just a hobby... You're amazing, man!

Again, thank you so much for doing these amazing hackintosh audio installation guides!

Oh my god.... it's finally done! Thank you so much for helping me out, toleda! It was a long way, but it's a rewarding feeling once the audio works the way you want it to!

But I got to admit, you coder guys are hardcore... I couldn't do all that driver, dsdt programming etc. stuff in a million years! Are you a an electrical engineer? computer scientist? Please don't tell me that it's just a hobby... You're amazing, man!

Again, thank you so much for doing these amazing hackintosh audio installation guides!

Hi Lumberjack88,
I'm trying to get work the on-board HDMI audio (HD4600) on my GA Z87X UD7 TH with clover on mavericks 10.9.5, but after reading a lot of various guides it's not clear to me the installation procedure.
Can you explain how to do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back