Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio for Z87X-UD7 TH + 4770K + NVIDIA GPU + Clover (OS 10.9.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your choice, set it 1 or paste 1 in. When you get to HDMI audio, it will be removed.

Where exactly should I paste 1 in? I only know that I can choose 1 or 2 or 3, but where to insert it and what the exact steps are of 1. Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout (1, 2 or 3) I still don't know.

The bottom screenshot in your Post #7, both Configurators show Inject set correctly.

Ok, I followed the rest of the readme file and rebooted the computer. I can see new options in system preferences. There's internal speakers, two Line-outs and one Digital out in the Output tab. Alas, none of them are working. Does this have anything to do with the audio_cloverALC898-90_patch.command file? It's for version 90 and not 93, that's why I'm asking....

I've tried this out, since it's meant for 10.9.3 and it didn't help either:

Code:
5. Mavericks/10.9.3 and newer/9series/AppleHDA.kext support (Temporary)    1. See screenshot above
       1. Clover Configurator-Kernel and Kext Patches-10.9-9series-cloverALC

Any further advice on what I should do now?

Audio is/was working. It matters what connector your speaker is connected and what audio device is selected; set it wrong, no sound. Not clear what you did after that.

See Problem Reporting, Post #1, Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

The only connection I have to my monitor with built in speakers is the HDMI connection from my nVidia GTX 780 Ti card. The Audio connections on the motherboard are not used. Is there a special set of instructions that I have to follow for my specific setup?

You have not done anything for HDMI audio. Try Search: Mavericks HDMI audio

After 3 hours of trial and error I still haven't achieved a working HDMI output. Here's what I did:

1. I started with the download of audio_CloverHDMI-master. I opened the readme file and there I saw that I needed to download these files:

8series/HD4600/AMD/Nvidia -
https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series

8series/HD4600/AMD/Nvidia (AMI UEFI) - https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/tree/master/ssdt_8series

Here are the readme.txt instructions:

Code:
Installation
  1. Kext Binary Patching (framebuffer, audio controller)
     1. Clover (Use Clover Configurator, Xcode, Property List Editor, etc.)
	1. Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/config-hdmi_.....plist
	2. EFI/Clover/config.plist/Add
	  1. KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch/hdmi... (hdmi audio patch(es))
	  2. Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout (1, 2 or 3)  
	  3. Save
  2. HDMI Audio ACPI Patching
     1. Clover injection (See above, Requirements/4. HDMI Audio ACPI patching/1.)
	1. Clover/config.plist	
     2. dsdt injection
	1. Clover/config.plist
	   1. ACPI/DSDT/Name/DSDT.aml
	2.HDMI audio edited dsdt
	   1. Install EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml
     3. ssdt injection
	1. Clover/config.plist
	   1. ACPI/SSDT/DropTables/SaSsdt 
	2. HDMI audio edited ssdt
	   1. Installation EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml (-1 as appropriate)
  3. Restart
  4. Verify HDMI Audio
     1. System Preferences/Sound/Output/select HDMI

2. Kext Binary Patching

I've copy-pasted all the things from config-hdmi_hd4600-92.plist to my original config.plist in the CLOVER folder via clover configurator and I saved it afterwards.

3. DSDT Injection

Here's what I had to follow: ACPI/DSDT/Name/DSDT.aml
I went to the ACPI tab in the clover configurator and then I saw that DSDT.aml is already written there, so I didn't have to do anything. Is that correct?

4. HDMI Audio edited DSDT

I had to install EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml . I've downloaded MaciASL, then I went to preferences, and I added this address under "Sources": https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/master

Then I clicked on Patch and 8series-Clean Compile. I hit apply, then close and then I clicked on compile. There were no errors only remarks etc. Then I've verified the existence of P0P2 and it was there, so I didn't have to apply any patches. I've clicked on Patch again and this time I've chosen Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1 patch. Apply, Close, Compile (no errors) and then I saved this file under

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ with the name dsdt.aml .

I've then rebuilt the cache with the DPCI Manager. Upon opening it, I've immediately clicked on the Rebuild Cache button. I've restarted the PC and there still was no HDMI audio in the output tab.

5. SSDT Injection

Here's the next step: ACPI/SSDT/DropTables/SaSsdt . I switched over to the clover configurator and then I've added something to the Drop Tables menu: Signature = SSDT, Type/Key = TableId, String/Number = SaSsdt .

The only thing left to do was to place the SSDT-1.aml file from the audio_hdmi_8series-master/ssdt_8series/audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2 folder into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Once I copied it to that place I changed the name from SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml . I had these two files in that folder: dsdt.aml and SSDT.aml .

Then I've enabled Drop OEM in the SSDT window in the clover configurator. I've saved config.plist finally.
I rebuilt cache with the DPCI Manager and then I've restarted my PC. I've opened the system preferences only to find out that there's still no HDMI option.

Here are the screenshots of my ACPI tab and Kext & Kernel tab:

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 03.29.03.pngScreen Shot 2014-06-11 at 03.29.24.png

So, is there anything I've done wrong? Have I missed something completely?

Got to go to bed now... good night....

Have I missed something completely?
Two different methods, one or the other, not both.
8 series HDMI audio enabling techniques - select one

1. 8 series HDMI Audio dsdt (with dsdt edits)
  2. 8 series HDMI Audio ssdt (with native dsdt)

Two different methods, one or the other, not both.
8 series HDMI audio enabling techniques - select one

1. 8 series HDMI Audio dsdt (with dsdt edits)
  2. 8 series HDMI Audio ssdt (with native dsdt)

I've removed the ssdt out of the patched folder, I've disengaged Drop OEM and deleted the Drop Tables entry. The config.plist was saved then. Rebuilt Cache in DPCI Manager. Then I've rebooted and there still was no HDMI option on the Output menu.

Then I've tried to remove the dsdt.aml from the patched folder. I put the ssdt.aml file back in there, engaged Drop OEM, filled out the Drop Tables entry and saved config.plist. Rebuilt Cache in DPCI Manager. After the reboot there still was no HDMI option.

I've read that I should choose one in the other readme file ([Guide]-Haswell-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v1.3) but the official clover readme seemed to be a 3 step program, so I proceeded with the adding of the ssdt.

Now that I've removed each file and tried it with the other unsuccessfully, are there other mistakes I've made?

Now that I've removed each file and tried it with the other unsuccessfully, are there other mistakes I've made?
Yes. Actually, CloverHDMI has 3 techniques; all work, one at a time.
See
Problem Reporting, Post #1, Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back