Contribute
Register

HDMI Audio - a vid or aud topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry.
I've put this on the back burner for my system, for now.

I'm so busy at the moment with work that I don't have the time to put to HDMI audio, even though I was pushing for it so hard. I feel bad about that.

I actually solved my audio problems by just using RGB instead of HDMI to the TV. Then I bought a $5.00 1/8 jack cable to run from the green speaker port to the TV, works just right.
I can use my headphones with the front headphones input so I'm officially 100% equivalent to a real mac in terms of functionality.

I will get around to this HDMI issue myself, but probably not before someone else.

So, short answer - No, I haven't HDMI, but I didn't try the method listed here which looks very promising. I'll let you know if I get the time.

Thank you everyone for the input and I'm sure this will help me a lot when I get around to doing it. Now that I have sound I just want to actually use the computer for awhile!

I hope i'm not too late to hitchhike on this topic. I'm having a same issue but unfortunately, i'm not that lucky to have the same audio card as you. I have the same GT240M though. I've been trying to get my DSDT to compile, even if by force. But unfortunately that doesn't work. If i compile by force, i get a 4kb DSDT.aml. If i comment the error line out, i get more errors. So hence i think i'm missing something. a return or something. I am not that good at DSDT editing, but am familiar with it abit. I have been search around the internet to find answers to this particular error but apparently only someone else in china and me have this specific error line. Not error code, i have found quite a number of people with the same error code but no specific direction was given and no documentation either. Anyone wanna take alook over my DSDT.dsl and tell me what's wrong? In the mean time, i'll still try to bang my head on the table and try to get this to work.

This is the error i'm getting:
Code:
/Users/ZaneChua/Desktop/DSDT-v02-LENOVO-CB-01-00000001-MSFT-01000013.dsl 11785:     If (LEqual (_S3, One))
Error    4096 -                                  syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^ 

ASL Input:  /Users/ZaneChua/Desktop/DSDT-v02-LENOVO-CB-01-00000001-MSFT-01000013.dsl - 11813 lines, 373278 bytes, 4417 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Regards
Zane

EDIT: It seems i've attached the wrong .dsl file. But Ignore my whole message above. I'm extremely exhausted at the moment, no time to mess with HDMI Audio.

Attachments

• DSDT-v02-LENOVO-CB-01-00000001-MSFT-01000013.dsl
    363.1 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back