Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Newbie here. Have a GA-Z87X-UD3H and a Haswell i5 4670K now running 10.8.5 (12F30). I have this Hack as well as a 2010 C2D Mac Mini connected to my TV via a Pioneer VSX-520 receiver.

I can't get HDMI audio to work on the hack yet, even with 10.8.4. The Mac Mini recognizes the receiver's model directly through the HDMI. Is there a way to get this same functionality from the Hackintosh? I am just using it as a server until I can get the audio to work.

Newbie here. Have a GA-Z87X-UD3H and a Haswell i5 4670K now running 10.8.5 (12F30). I have this Hack as well as a 2010 C2D Mac Mini connected to my TV via a Pioneer VSX-520 receiver.

I can't get HDMI audio to work on the hack yet, even with 10.8.4. The Mac Mini recognizes the receiver's model directly through the HDMI. Is there a way to get this same functionality from the Hackintosh? I am just using it as a server until I can get the audio to work.

Please remember that 10.8.5 is still covered by NDA. Until it has been officially released we will not be offering any support for it at all. Once there has been an official release available to the wider public it will be supported. Keep an eye out for further news and see what the HDMI stickies offer : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

Adrian B

Bump as 10.8.5 is out. I've got it up and running and still don't see the HDMI audio as an option.
OS X HDMI audio is not supported natively on non Apple hardware. Do the research as previously suggested.

Toleda, I'm not clear. I have a 2010 Mac Mini connected to the save receiver and it plays and shows up. They're now both running 10.8.5. Why would it only work on the Mini and not the Hack?

Why would it only work on the Mini and not the Hack?
It is not an OS issue, it is a difference in the BIOS. The Apple BIOS is only available for Apple native hardware. The guides linked earlier show you how to enable OS X HDMI audio on non native hardware. Is this clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back