Motherboard
Razer Blade 15, 2018-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H / HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 | GTX 1060 Max-Q
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there all! I'm posting this as a separate thread for better visibility. My laptop is the Razer Blade 15 for which a (pretty much complete) guide already exists over here. This is the guide I have followed. I am currently running High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G6029).

Alright, so I am using a Lenovo USB-C hub to connect my laptop to an external display via HDMI pretty much daily. At some point I decided to disable TB3 in BIOS since this isn't something I am using at the moment and, based on some quick reading I did on the matter, getting TB3 to a fully working state in macOS isn't really a thing yet. Anyway, this indeed helped and I was able to hot-plug the hub and get everything working, the HDMI port included (which should operate on USB-C Alt mode at this point I'm guessing).

The thing is, after putting my laptop to sleep and waking up, the external display does not work. Plugging and unplugging the hub doesn't fix the issue either. Keep in mind that I do have a keyboard and mouse plugged into the same hub and they work perfectly fine-- hot-plugging them after sleep works too! The only thing refusing to work after sleep is the HDMI output over USB-C.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help! I will update the post in a while with my problem reporting files before and after sleep. UPDATE Problem reporting files attached! Cheers!

Attachments

• debug_20031_hdmi_working.zip
    2 MB · Views: 91
  • debug_31322_no_hdmi.zip
    2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Quick bump, as I haven't been able to find any solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back