i7-10700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm trying to setup my first Hackintosh with MacOS Ventura 13.2 and I figured out some settings and kexts that work until I reach the "disk utility" MacOS installation process. Then only my USB-Stick shows up but none of my hard drives. All drives are connected via Sata cables. I even tried to connect only one hard drive to the mb (SATA slot 1) but it changed nothing. In addition I also tried to connect the drive via sata-to-usb adapter to one of my USB ports but still nothing changes. I tested the hdd and ssd formatted as: NTFS, exFat and APFS with GUID... no changes.

HW:
- Asus Z490-E Gaming
- i7 10700k
- GTX 1080

SW:
- OpenCore
- MacOS Ventura 13.2

ACPI:
- SSDT-AWAC
- SSDT-Disable-CNVW
- SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP
- SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA
- SSDT-RHUB

Drivers:
- HfsPlus.efi
- OpenRuntime.efi

Kexts:
- AppleALC
- CtlnaAHCIPort
- FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V
- FakePCIID
- IntelMausi
- Lilu
- LucyRTL8125Ethernet
- SMCProcessor
- SMCSuperIO
- USBPorts
- VirtualSMC
- VoodooHDA
- WhateverGreen

Bios:
- secure boot off
- fast boot off
- iGPU activated

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.2 KB · Views: 51
I have to ask.
Did you click on show all devices in disk utility

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my first Hackintosh with MacOS Ventura 13.2 and I figured out some settings and kexts that work until I reach the "disk utility" MacOS installation process. Then only my USB-Stick shows up but none of my hard drives. All drives are connected via Sata cables. I even tried to connect only one hard drive to the mb (SATA slot 1) but it changed nothing. In addition I also tried to connect the drive via sata-to-usb adapter to one of my USB ports but still nothing changes. I tested the hdd and ssd formatted as: NTFS, exFat and APFS with GUID... no changes.

HW:
- Asus Z490-E Gaming
- i7 10700k
- GTX 1080

SW:
- OpenCore
- MacOS Ventura 13.2

ACPI:
- SSDT-AWAC
- SSDT-Disable-CNVW
- SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP
- SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA
- SSDT-RHUB

Drivers:
- HfsPlus.efi
- OpenRuntime.efi

Kexts:
- AppleALC
- CtlnaAHCIPort
- FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V
- FakePCIID
- IntelMausi
- Lilu
- LucyRTL8125Ethernet
- SMCProcessor
- SMCSuperIO
- USBPorts
- VirtualSMC
- VoodooHDA
- WhateverGreen

Bios:
- secure boot off
- fast boot off
- iGPU activated
also your Nvidia is not supported for Ventura

also your Nvidia is not supported for Ventura
but why should it be an issue when I only use iGPU? then my Nvidia Card won't be used? Or do you think this causes the hard drive issue?

but why should it be an issue when I only use iGPU? then my Nvidia Card won't be used? Or do you think this causes the hard drive issue?
I am just going by your hardware profile.... if it is wrong then please update it

also make sure your SATA ports are set to AHCI in your BIOS

I am just going by your hardware profile.... if it is wrong then please update it

also make sure your SATA ports are set to AHCI in your BIOS
I removed my GPU from the PCI slot and was able to install Catalina without any problems. All my drives were found by the "disk utility" during installation. Now I´m trying to install Ventura again but the same issue appeared again and I can't see any of my drives. Only the USB stick. I tried different EFI`s from other ASUS Z490-E boards and tried the same EFI from my Catalina build but still not working.

Any other tips or solutions?

I removed my GPU from the PCI slot and was able to install Catalina without any problems. All my drives were found by the "disk utility" during installation. Now I´m trying to install Ventura again but the same issue appeared again and I can't see any of my drives. Only the USB stick. I tried different EFI`s from other ASUS Z490-E boards and tried the same EFI from my Catalina build but still not working.

First thing to try is to change the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting in your config.plist from Default to "Disabled".

If that does not help then likely the clue may be in your first post. Logically if you attach a drive by USB to SATA adapter then your motherboard sees it as USB not SATA, so the problem will be Security - as above - or disk structure - i.e partition scheme.

I used an Asus Z490 motherboard a while back and it presented no problems.

How did you prepare the destination drive? Did you use Disk Utility from the Catalina installer menu?

:)

Hi - If I may, I don't know if this will help or how much but I have sourced an EFI Folder as close as possible to your specs so that you can use it as a comparison or copy the entire EFI Folder to the EFI Partition of a spare USB Drive and try it as is to see if you can achieve better results.

You will need to clean the NvRAM to remove remnants of your previous trials then boot off this new EFI.
You will need to furnish the config.plist with your machine's data i.e S/N, ROM, SmUUID etc if proved successful.
I suspect you will need to tweak some settings to cater for your own particular preferences.

All OC files and kext are updated to latest versions.

Subject to your BIOS is set to the necessary requirements, you hopefully shouldn't have too many problems. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 68
First thing to try is to change the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting in your config.plist from Default to "Disabled".

If that does not help then likely the clue may be in your first post. Logically if you attach a drive by USB to SATA adapter then your motherboard sees it as USB not SATA, so the problem will be Security - as above - or disk structure - i.e partition scheme.

I used an Asus Z490 motherboard a while back and it presented no problems.

How did you prepare the destination drive? Did you use Disk Utility from the Catalina installer menu?

:)

Thank you for your help. Yes I have an Sata to USB adapter to connect Sata drives to my MacBook and then I use the disk utility from that. For Ventura I earased the disk with "MacOs Extended Journaled" and GUID Partition.
On the other hand I tried to update form Catalina directly to Ventura didn't work either, but the update to Big Sur worked pretty "well". I lost my Sound and Keyboard but with some fixes the keyboard works now. I keep on trying to update even further to Monterey and then up to Ventura hopefully this works...

Back