CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 4 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did a direct upgrade to High Sierra, and it mostly works apart from my NVIDIA GPU.

The only concerning issue is that an internal 4TB non-SSD hard drive has only been recognized after one boot. The rest of the times it isn't recognized and mounted. It's visible in Disk Utility, but there's no partition or volume information.

As I said, one time I booted, post-upgrade, the drive was recognized and mounted and looked intact, so I don't think the problem is damaging the drive. I don't know what was different about that boot.

The boot drive is an SSD and that is working fine. A USB thumb drive is also mounting correctly. The HDD that isn't mounting looks like this in System Info:

Last edited:
FYI: I've noticed that the drive is mounted normally when I do a full shutdown and boot. If I do a restart, when the machine comes back up the drive is not recognized.

hello my HD will only work on USB i hope fix it

Disable hot plug in BIOS for HDD.

Same problem here. This seems to be one of the biggest problems with High Sierra across the board.

Have two SSDs in my system (not M.2) and only one is showing up. Also, all of my HFS+J HDD's are not being recognized.

USB thumb drives also mount properly

SATA is set to AHCI mode properly in BIOS. My motherboard does not have a hot plug BIOS option.

Definitely one of the most irritating changes to OSX to date.
Perhaps theres a special version of AppleAHCI.kext that will solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back